All reviews master bedroom air conditioning the kitchen ocean view daily housekeeping beach chairs living area washer and dryer spacious condo large lanai per day four seasons the ground floor these condos boogie boards pool and hot tub grounds are well maintained
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is our 2nd. time staying the Palms at Wailea. The first was several years ago with just my husband and I enjoying 5 days of vacation. I will summarize my review with pros and cons. We stayed for 10 days with 3 kids, my Husband and I in Condo #1601.
Pros: We checked in with a wonderful front desk clerk Jeff! He was very pleasant, and loved to see him at the front desk as we got extra laundry soap, etc. (that will be explained in the cons). Our room, while dated and needing a definite upgrade, with 3 kids under 8 I did not worry about it too much. It was perfectly situated on the beautifully maintained and lush grounds with a peak a boo view of the ocean. A perfect area for the kids to play and run around outside. They truly enjoyed the great pool, pond with frogs at night, and the 3 boogie boards that were left behind in our room from a previous guest. The size of the room was perfect, and had a washer and dryer in the room, which never seemed to stop running. It had a large master, with connected bathroom and 2nd. bedroom with 2 twin beds with window view into a beautiful plant filled atrium. The privacy for that room was lacking, but again with kids, that was not necessary. The 2nd. bathroom had a walk in shower which was nice. Our condo, like most all condos came with its own marked parking spot, though tight, used by rental cars usually. Nice furnishings and beautiful lanai that we spent most of our time. The kitchen was adequate with all the necessary cooking utensils and dish washer. I cooked almost every breakfast, lunch and dinner there and was perfect for saving $ going out to eat for our family of 5. My husband BBQ'd several times, when we ran out of propane, the front desk was generous to bring a new tank the next day. Perfect condo for a family of 5, with smalls kids, trying to save a little money going out all the time. Now on to the cons: The condo was dated to say the least. Appliances, though in working order, had scotch tape holding the microwave door button on. The electric stove top took a little getting used to, as I have gas at home. the propane was filled the next day (so have a backup if your in the middle of cooking), the man came through the front door as I did not hear him knocking and startled me. The lanai was open and no reason for him to come through the condo. I felt very scared for a moment as a man entered our condo. The towel bars in both bathrooms kept falling off, not a life threatening event, but frustrating to keep dealing with. NO HOUSEKEEPING! You will pay a housekeeping fee of $234. (for a 2 bedroom) at checkout. The first time, my husband and I stayed at this facility, daily housekeeping was available. Now if you are only staying for the weekend, or so, housekeeping it not needed. But for 10 days with 3 kids, I was constantly doing laundry with pool/beach towels, bath towels, sheets (for 3+beds), etc. I felt like it was not a vacation for this mom. It was a small stack-able washer and dryer with soap enough for 3 loads and no dryer sheets. Almost laughable to think that would be all we needed for 10 days. The front desk got to know my husband and I asking for extra supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, laundry and dishwasher soap) To break down and combine the time, I spent 1-2 full days of vacation doing laundry, vacuuming, dishes, cleaning, etc. Not what I expected for the price, they have to compete with air BnB's and other condo facilities that are closer to the ocean. PLEASE bring back daily housekeeping, (or every 3 days), for moms like me who do not want to waste my vacation with these tasks. Ants were an issue, but Raid ant spray was under kitchen sink. Not that I wanted to spray poison in the kitchen or bathrooms where they were an issue, so we used towels instead. Terminex had just been at the whole facility spraying shortly into our stay, so ants were less, but still there almost every day.
Overall, the Palms at Wailea is beautiful and in a great part of southern Maui, close driving distance to a lot of wonderful beaches and shopping. Not right on the water, we walked about 20 minutes to the nearest beach. Would I stay here again? I am going to do my research, now knowing what to expect and what we get for our money, will make my decision from there.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank glentucky
Brett B, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for your review and pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct the Palms only has daily/periodic housekeeping upon request which is usually not an option at all when booking with Air BnB. This policy is very common when booking a condominium reservation as is the Housekeeping check out fee which should be acknowledged at the time of booking. If you would like to take a break from the laundry and cleaning associated with having a family on vacation, that is absolutely and option at the Palms! Housekeeping can be requested by calling our front desk during your stay for a discounted fee. Extra supplies are also available at our front desk or by calling to have Housekeeping drop them off at your unit. We're happy to hear you and your husband we able to take advantage of that amenity. Having items like this replenished when booking with Air Bnb would be a much greater challenge! Unlike traditional hotels, we offer full kitchen and utensils which allows you to save on food cost which can be significant with a family eating three meals a day! You'll find our daily rate much lower than the traditional hotels which have daily maid service. We feel our product at the Palms has great value given that aspect and the check out cleaning fee would be about the cost of one meal at a Hawaiian restaurant for a family of 5. We hope to see your family again should you return to Maui and would encourage you to relay any issues such as the towel bars coming loose to our front desk so they can be fixed during your stay and we can make every effort to be sure your enjoy your experience as much as possible!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Palms at Wailea – Unit 905

We stayed in unit #905 at the Palms at Wailea. It is very conveniently located just a short drive to shops (Shops at Wailea), groceries (Safeway), several beaches and many tourist attractions. Though some might be up for walking to these locations, hauling beach gear or groceries this distance would have been a bit much in the heat.
The condo was very nicely appointed and appeared as advertised on AirBnB. Booking and dealing with the contract was very easy and check in was a breeze with us picking our own access code in advance as we arrived late in the evening. We had a message from PMI checking in with us the first day to ensure everything was okay and we were all settled in. I sent one message while I was there and got a very quick response.

The condo is spacious and nicely decorated. We really loved this unit because it felt very private. It is located away from the main entrance and we rarely saw or heard other people in the units – even when we were sitting out on the patio. This unit is on the ground floor and I was initially worried about noise from above, but we never heard a peep the entire week.

The beds were very comfortable, the linens were high quality, and the furnishings were very comfortable. There were extra pillows and blankets available. Having the air conditioning was definitely a plus as some of our days were very hot and humid. It made sleeping very comfortable! Ceiling fans also helped a lot.

There are some good basics in the condo to get you started (hotel sized shampoo, conditioner, soap – hair dryer – laundry detergent). We made the mistake of loading up on groceries and were gone for so much of the day every day that we ended up having to throw out a lot of things. In hindsight, I would have simply purchased what I needed on a daily basis. I also would have brought things like tea, plastic baggies – items that are easy to pack and don’t take up a lot of space/weight in your luggage. It gets expensive fast when you are buying those things.

You really don’t want for anything in this unit. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate S
Brett B, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

This is a great place to stay. Units are big, most have a pull-out couch for kids. Most have beach chairs, beach towels, picnic cooler, umbrella, boogie boards free of use. All have full kitchen, washer and dryer, private lanai with lounge furniture and BBQ. Many units have left over stuff in kitchen like spices, oil, sugar and sometimes beer. Most units have a few dishwasher and laundry pods to get you through your stay - ask about this stuff. You will need to rent a car. Hauling beach stuff is fine if your athletic and young and bring a donkey, but loading a days worth of beach stuff into car and driving 2 minutes to the beach was so worth it :D Pool is nice and hot tub a friendly place to meet other vacationers. Its not cheap, but entertaining at home really cuts the cost. Also: Costco.
Families: ask for ground floor units near the pool. Adults only might prefer the outer ring units for less noise. All units are different. If you have car, there are pubs and restaurants 5 minutes away if you want a night out. Free parking right outside your door. The grounds keepers really like their leaf blowers. Place has good security at night. This is not a 'party place', its very quiet after 10:00 p.m.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Brett B, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Mahalo for your review! Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We were quite happy on the size of the rooms although we couldn’t get the TV to work. We only stayed two nights and were quite surprised that they charged us $180 for cleaning. We would have been better off staying at a resort that has no cleaning fee. It is also about 15-20 min walk to a beach.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Scenic74957
Brett B, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Aloha and thank you for your review. All reservations have a required check out cleaning fee which should be acknowledged by guests at the time of booking.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Beautiful views, A bit of a long walk to the beach. Nice neighborhood, Definitely the expensive part of Maui. I have been traveling intermittently for 45 years to Hawaii, I prefer the more quiet laid back Islands.

Stayed: March 2018
Brett B, General Manager at Palms at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Mahalo for you review and look forward to seeing you again soon!