“The food was just OK, but the views are spectacular.”
Review of Kula Lodge

Kula Lodge
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I had a French Dip Sandwich, it was OK, but not worth the $22.00. My wife had the Short Ribs, and my daughter had the Mango Baby Back Ribs. I thought the Short Ribs were good, but my wife said the Short Ribs are better at Bale’s. I thought the Baby Back Ribs were very good, they just needed more barbecue sauce. My daughter loved them. It’s been years since I have been here. I was just surprised how much the prices have gone up.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We ate breakfast @ Kula Lodge 12 yrs ago while biking down Haleakala. It was 1 of my standout memories from a 10 day 3 island vacation. We're back w/our 3 daughters & Kula was a MUST. The mac nut pancakes w/pineapples topped with coconut syrup are still amazing, as is the lodge grounds & the store. We cannot recommend this place highly enough if you're in Upcountry Maui!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This USED to be ONE of my favorite eateries on Maui. Now, the management has once again changed and I recently received THE most unfriendly service from the new female manager. Prices have skyrocketed on meals, and the lady who tend the gardens is a cold, callous, unfriendly women, not at all what you might expect from a woman who'd job it is to water and plant flowers. I am shocked and appalled and deeply disappointed in the quality of service, management, and even for Maui the RIDICULOUS prices. I will spend a LOT for a great meal with even better service, with Kula Lodge used to provide. NOW> I have to wonder whoever owns this establishment... well, go see for yourself, if you dare. From and 8 year Maui resident who LOVES leaving GREAT reviews. So sad to see such a lovey view overcast with such horrid management, customer service, and ownership. If you want to pay these prices. go to Mama's Fish House where you will get what you pay for. Or, try formerly known as Makawao Steak House. You want the view. stick with Mama's.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE. You are better off at a B&B.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant for lunch last week.....what a treat! Amazing view overlooking a wonderful garden and the hills of the surrounding area. Food was very good and service was wonderful....we plan on returning next year when we come back to Maui..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Spontaneous decision to stop here when in the area. Interesting location, nice decor (should find way to open the windows to let fresh air in), very nice views of their gardens and down and across to west Maui. People and service was quite good. Tried their brick oven No ka oi pizza. Couldn't really taste the flavors as the pizza was over cooked- crust dark brown, cheese even darker brown. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kula
33.5 km away
17.1 km away
Nalu Kai Lodge
Nalu Kai Lodge
#2 of 6 in Paia

Been to Kula Lodge? Share your experiences!