7,494 results
All reviews swan court atrium tower our honeymoon breakfast buffet swim up bar exotic birds self parking walk in closet resort fee pool area whalers village lahaina tower kaanapali beach partial ocean view ocean front maui resort kids pool
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We will not be staying at the Hyatt in Maui again. I was disappointed with several things. Upon arrival, we were booked in a room with one king bed and a sofa pull out, which was to accommodate our family of five. We had booked over four months previous, and were not impressed to find this out upon our arrival. I slept maybe three hours the first night as our room was located directly beside the road with a metal grate that clanked every time a vehicle drove over it. We were moved into an appropriate room the next day. A few days into our trip, the entire hotel was without water from mid morning until late afternoon. We understood, as they said that a water main was broken which supplied several of the hotels in the area. Now, two days later, we are in exactly the same situation! No water! I'm not sure how I am to clean up my sandy children to take them to dinner and ready for bed - perhaps I am to bathe them in the pool? We will not be returning to this hotel again, and I would not recommend it to any of my friends or family. It is over priced for the rooms and service we have received.

4  Thank LindsayOrd
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

I sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying at our resort. Please know that the level of service you experienced is not indicative of our property. We understand the frustration that resulted from the water main. I will be sharing your feedback with our management team. If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact us directly. I hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt in the future so you can experience our true Hyatt hospitality.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stayed 6 nights, had a beautiful ocean front room with tons of space! The staff was very friendly. We had to checkout even though our flight wasn't until 11:15 pm, and they told us we could use the full locker rooms to change, and clean up after our day on the beach. This was perfect. Bell service held our bags, and let us claim one to get cleaned up. Great housekeeping, with standard day cleaning, and an evening turn down/towel cleanup. Great restaurants too!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

It’s always great to hear when our guests have a terrific stay at our resort. I’m excited you found the service to be top notch. We want to accommodate our guest’s requests and needs to ensure they have a memorable experience. It sounds like you found your ocean front room to be very beautiful and spacious. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future. Mahalo!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 13 February 2013

The Hyatt Maui hotel is amazing. The pool area is very nice with fun sports inside the pool. The restuarants at the hotel are very nice but I am sad to say that they wont let you bring in your own bottle or wine etc even after i offered to pay a corkage fee. The rooms are beautiful. We stayed at the club level Mountain/ ocean view which was really nice. The club level as food all day in their lounge. In the morning, they have bagel, Smoked Salmon, amazing fresh fruit cerial etc. Overall great experience. For anyone looking for Kosher- they have kosher prepackaged food on sight- not the greatest tasting but at least they have it.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Daniel K
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Thank you for your review. We're pleased you enjoyed our Regency Club lounge and the delicious offerings provided. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt soon.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 12 February 2013

My wife and I recently returned from an 8 night stay at the Hyatt Regency Maui. Having stayed several times at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai I had similar expectations of this hotel. Upon arrival we were promptly greeted by doorman who explained the parking rates and self-park lots depending upon your room location. As others have stated parking is very limited and stalls extremely narrow (so best to sign up for additional rental car coverage for those door dings). Check-in/front desk staff were polite, professional and efficient. We were happy with our room on the 8th (top) floor of the Napilii Tower overlooking the children's pools with a great view of the ocean. We enjoyed many an afternoon watching the whales swim by just off-shore of the hotel. Overall the rooms were comfortable however I did note that the beds seems very low...partly because they don't have box-springs (which I thought was odd for a Hyatt). At any rate, the room had a small patio, fridge and walk-in closet. The overall grounds of the Hyatt Maui are impressive with lots of foliage, animals including penguins, flamingos, ducks, swans etc. I must say however that the hotel in general was not as well maintained as the Grand Hyatt in Kauai but still very impressive. Some finishes in the rooms, halls and common space were getting a bit warn due to the large amounts of people into and out of the hotel (800+ rooms). My wife and I enjoyed a oceanside massage which was a bit disappointing because of its location. You essentially have to check-in at the spa on one end of the hotel and then walk back again nearest the kids pool in your robe. It was hard to enjoy the sound of the waves when you can hear a constant flow of people walking by and children playing in the pool. Breakfast was included in our rate and we enjoyed Swan's Court several days and then discovered it could also be redeemed at the less busy Umalu near the pool (which was a nice change of pace). The buffet was good but typical for a resort breakfast. We also dined at Umalu for dinner which was decent and Japango which had excellent sushi rolls. We reserved cabanas on the beach several days since the regular lounge chairs by the pool were literally stacked on top of each other. I feel the pool is way undersized for the size of this resort - whereas the Grand Hyatt Kauai has a large pool and lagoon for guests to enjoy. There are many nice restaurants near the hotel or close by including Roys, 100 Wines of Maui and Star Noodle (the head chef was recently on Top Chef Seattle). Overall, all hotel staff were professional, courteous and responsive to any questions and needs we had. We enjoyed our Maui vacation and the Hyatt but prefer to the slower pace of Kauai...and thus will likely return there in the future.

Room tip: Pick oceanview or ocean front otherwise you may have views of parking lots
3  Thank Scotty2975
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference here but did not stay at this resort. Resort is beautiful. Pool is very pretty, grounds well maintained. Service was excellent, staff seemed very attentive. Conference facilities were nice. Breakfast was good. Disappointing that we were served Seattle's Best Coffee....we are in Maui, let's have some Hawaiian coffee!

2  Thank Jennifer H