US$295
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$412
US$399
  • Beachfront
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$289
US$496
US$480
  • Pool
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$259
Napili Sunset Beachfront Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$192
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$278
Cancelon
1,245 results
All reviewskaanapali beachblack rockshopping cartshula grillocean viewtower facingfull kitchenunderground parkingabc storevillage shopping centerpremium roompineapplekoi pondstudio condoconstruction noisethrough vrbobedroom bath
Reviewed 14 May 2008

This was our fifth trip to the Whaler, but it may be our last. Our room was comfortably furnished, but the bed linens were textured and uncomfortable. There always seems to be some kind of construction at the Whaler when we visit- this year it was near the pool area. The wi fi set up was awful and didn't work even after I had paid for access. But the positives are strong- located on the beach, very well priced condo units, and great views from upper floors. I also noticed a greater security presence this year, preventing people from reserving pool lounges early in the morning etc.
Overall on this trip to Maui (Spring Break of 08) we felt that prices were really high and the value was not there. But we have friends on the island and love the atmosphere, so I'm sure we will return eventually.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 May 2008

We rented through Maui Beachfront Rentals and they were great. When ATA went under a mere two days before we were supposed to arrive we panicked; the condo was paid for and we had no way to get to it! Lesli at Maui Beachfront was so helpful and understanding, really cannot say what that meant to us! Ended up in Maui a week later than planned and could not have been happier with our room at The Whaler. All week long the praises rang for mom picking a winner! The unit is clean and well cared for, nothing fancy but great for the price. The best part of this unit is location! Our unit was ground floor on the side nearest Whalers Village. This was great for our kids, large grassy area and only 51 steps to the beach! This unit has a fantastic ocean view for a ground floor unit and with the grass area and bbqs so close it was like home immediately!We ate almost all our meals on the lanai, even dinner. It was nice at sunset each night as everyone seemed drawn to the beach.
We did go to Whalers Village alot, if you have kids there is a great toy store downstairs. Mostly went over to walk around or grab a shave ice in the afternoon. Are there nicer places to stay in Kaanapali? Sure but when you figure we payed about a third of what you pay for a one bedroom condo right on the beach it seemed like paradise. Take your kids to unit 159 and you will hear "Mom no ka oi" , Mom is the best!

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank Teamsims
Reviewed 9 April 2008

I enjoyed it so much that I couldn't leave! So I extended my vacation two more days. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The ocean view was outstanding. I enjoyed the free entertainment and the conveniece of Whaler's Village. My room exceeded my expectations. I was on the 11th floor.Be sure to try the spa in Lahaina. I received the best massage that I have ever had. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 9 March 2008

My wife and I stayed in #964 (Tower-2) and we were well pleased with everything. The Lanai over looked the pool and ocean to the left and mountains on the right. We were buying a "pig in a poke" without knowing the room, view and etc. We asked for ocean view as high up as possible. The ninth floor was great. We had originally planned for another two couples to be with us but they cancelled. We then asked for a studio with ocean view on a high floor. You need to be above the trees to really enjoy the spectacular view. We saw plenty of whales and frequented the Hula Grill nearly nightly. We have stayed at other locations on Kaanapali Beach but plan a returned visit here next year. The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach in our opinion is a great choice. We were there from 02/24 thru 03/02/2008.
Tom & Marta
Monroe, MI

Stayed: February 2008
4  Thank EagleMonroe
Reviewed 9 March 2008

We really were impressed with The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. Our room was very clean along with the grounds which were well maintained. The parking garage was no big deal. If no spaces, the walk from the outdoor parking was very close to the condo. Again, no big deal. We stayed in a studio, 1216, top floor, Tower 1, with a fantastic view of the ocean, Black Rock and the hills (only thing wrong was the very hard bed!). We had all of the amenities of home, i.e. ample towels, appliances, dishes, etc. I agree with a previous review about next time we rent, it would be a one bedroom. One couldn't ask for a nicer beach. Loved the location as we walked to restaurants and an ABC store (similar to a White Hen but more) was next door offering beverages, food and a variety of other items. The studio had beach chairs available, however, if you wanted to rent lounge chairs for the beach it'll cost ya. $10 per chair, and $40 for two chairs together with a canapy for the day. $17/day for snorkle equipment.
Maui is such a wonderful place to visit.

5  Thank ILIVEFORVACATIONS