Before I even start my review, I have to say we love the Whaler. We've stayed there 4 or 5 times. We love the South side of Tower 2 overlooking Whaler Village. We love staying on Ka'anapali Beach. No place is going to suit everyone, but the Whaler suits us perfectly. It's a condo. That means no room service, but you can fix your own breakfast, make sandwiches for picnics, and barbeque dinner when you don't feel like going out. It also means the pool is just a pool, no fancy water slides, no swim up bar...which tends to limit the number of shrieking children and drunken adults.
You can rent a unit from the Whaler or directly from the owner. When you use the Whaler you'll be assigned whatever unit is available when you arrive. We did that the first time we stayed, and loved our unit. Since then we've always rented from owners so we could get exactly what we want, and know our location in advance. The two towers are parallel to each other, so half of the units face the newly landscaped courtyard and pool. They also face each other. Tower 1 owners call their tower the quiet tower. The North side of Tower I faces Black Rock, a great snorkeling beach. I would suspect you'd need to be above the 5th or 6th floor though not to be looking directly into trees or the next hotel along the walkway. The North sides of both towers have little to no sun on their lanais. Tower 2 is next to the Whaler Village, a pleasant little shopping area. If you have a courtyard unit that will make no difference at all. If you have a unit on the South side, you'll have a view of trees until about the 4th or 5th floor. Above that, you'll have an ocean view, and look down on the shopping center. Personally, we think that's fun. We like hearing the music from the Hula Grill and special programs Whaler Village puts on, and we like the sun on our lanai (except during the summer when the sun is almost directly over the whaler). But you can hear the activity.
Enough of the Whaler in general and location of units in tower. You can bring up a floor plan on line. Unit 1257 is on the top floor of Tower 2 on the South side. It's a one bedroom, two bath unit. With the lanai, which is large enough for 2 lounges and a table with 4 chairs, there is over 1,000 sq.ft. of living area. There are floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows/doors in both the living room and bedroom. Both baths have shower/tub combinations, and the master also has a stacked washer/dryer. The water's hot, the pressure's good, and the towels are plush. Everything we need. The full kitchen is well stocked with dishes, glassware, utensils, and of course a dishwasher. Everything was exceptionally clean. While unit 1257 is not ocean front it is the very next unit, so you can see the both the ocean and the mountains from inside the living room and bedroom. There is no need to crane your neck for a glimpse. The furniture was comfortable, the owners were easy to work with, and responded quickly whenever we had a question. If you're interested in a condo on Ka'anapali, This particular unit has a small work area that is all set up to plug in your own laptop. I would highly recommend this unit. We found this unit through VRBO, and it's their listing #112544. All the descriptions were accurate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina