US$387
US$369
Westin.com
  • Pool
Napili Sunset Beachfront Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$258
US$229
US$274
US$249
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$303/night.

Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$231
  • Beachfront
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$185
  • Beachfront
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$189
Lahaina Ocean's Edge(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$169
Hyatt.com
1,255 results
All reviewskaanapali beachblack rockhula grillshopping cartsocean viewtower facingfull kitchenunderground parkingabc storevillage shopping centerpineapplepremium roomkoi pondconstruction noisethrough vrbostudio unitnorth side
Reviewed 5 July 2009

We got this condo through VRBO, vacation rental by owner, on the internet. It was our first time so I had nightmares about unit 411 Tower 1 being dirty and old. It was perfect and the owner was very easy to deal with. It was clean and I am picky about cleanliness. The kitchen was more stocked than my own at home. My 90 year old mother was with us and the condo was very accessable. Parking was next to the elevator and the elevator was a short walk from our room. The fold out bed in the living room she said was comfortable.
The washer and dryer were handy and the view of the ocean and pool were awesome. There were lots of chairs on the huge balcony. We would definitely stay there again. The listing on VRBO was 220044 Luxury Living. Mahalo Colleen

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank 503teacher503
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Unlike the larger, fancier resorts found on Kaanapali, which tend to be full of crowds, The Whaler offers some real peace and quiet.

We rented two units from the same owner -- a one bedroom unit at 720 and a studio unit at 814. Both were amazing. In fact, the bellman commented on how we ended up with some of the nicest rooms he has ever seen at the resort. Both had new everything with state of the art televisions and appliances. I stayed in unit 720 and my in-laws were in 814. The bed in 720 was so comfortable, it was tough to get out of bed in the morning! The unit had umbrellas, beach chairs, and snorkeling equipment available. There was also every utensil you could imagine needing in a condo, including an espresso machine. I would definitely rent these units again and highly recommend them to anyone.

The pool area is nice and clean. The water is comfortable. In addition to the regular loungers, there are also shaded and padded loungers available for free at the pool-- you just need to be sure to reserve them in advance by putting your name down at the towl counter. I didn't discover this until the day before we left -- I thought you had to pay! There are also shaded loungers and umbrellas available for use at the beach for a fee.

The BBQs were a nice convenience. However, watch out that there can be a short wait if you plan to use them around 6 pm. Of course, waiting is no problem because you have some nice people to chat with while you watch the Maui sunset. Not a bad way to spend an evening.

The closeness to Whalers Village is a huge asset. You can get takeout food from any of the restaurants if you want to eat on your patio or go to the food court in the Whalers Village for a quick bite.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank missmouse
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We just completed our stay at the Whaler and had a great time. The condo we were staying in (tower 2 , 2 bedroom, ocean front, 9th floor) was recently renovated and was very nice. The construction on the courtyard is within a week of completion and was of no issue to us and looks gorgeous. The staff was friendly, price reasonable compared to other area condos and hotels we researched.

It's hard to beat the location. The beach is one of the best in the world, the pool is a nice alternative, good gym, shopping right next door, world class golf across the street, and good restaurants within walking distance.

Do plan on going to Costco on your way from airport to stock up on food and staples, though there are 2 grocery stores within 5 minutes drive of the condo. We used the bbq area (gas) several times and made for a great picnic by the ocean.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, but I have heard not all the condo's are renovated so be specific on your requests.

5  Thank mainlebo
Reviewed 19 May 2009

My wife two children (6 & 3) and I just returned from a great vacation at the Whaler on Maui! Yes, the courtyard and parking garage are under construction (scheduled to complete in 7/09), but with a room that doesn't overlook the courtyard, you won't have a problem. We only noticed the construction when we arrived and when we departed. Most of our time was spent at the perfect Kaanapali beach and the great reastruants and shops near by. Our second stay in unit 159 and we will be back! A ground floor condo with a full kitchen and easy beach access is perfect for a family with young children.

Reviewed 15 May 2009

Just came back about a week ago from our trip to Maui. The Whaler was one of the best decisions we made on this trip. Overall, Maui underwhelmed me, but I loved the Whaler. We had a 1 bed/2 bath in unit 1057 in Tower 2 (the one next to Whaler's Village). Awesome location. 2nd unit from the beach. This unit has two sliding doors (one for the living room, one for the bedroom) that open out to the HUGE lanai. Great view of the beach as there were no trees to obstruct our view and Whaler's Village only goes up a couple stories. Room was nicely appointed. Short walk and easy access to Whaler's Village (there's a key card door that sticks you right into the middle of Whaler's Village so you don't have to go around to the traditional entrances).

Yes, it's under construction so the middle part and the underground parking garage don't look the greatest. That was disclosed so it wasn't a big deal. They're making some real progress and it looks like it's gonna be beautiful when they're done. The pool was pretty nice and the outdoor showers were working.

Our mattress was incredibly comfortable. I think it's more comfortable than our mattress at home, and we'd just bought it a few months ago and it cost about $2K if I remember correctly. The sofa bed outside sucked though.

My only wish is that they vacuumed more often. We tried our best to keep sand out of the carpet, but since we had a 1 yr old, he dropped some sand and tiny bits of food that we couldn't pick up by hand. Otherwise, considering the huge room, lanai that's twice as big as the properties next to the Whaler, and perfect location, I couldn't be happier. Easily one of the best decisions we made on this trip (the others being Warren & Annabelle's and eating at Sensai's).

My SIL had room 518. Studio. Very nice as well. I think even better appointed than 1057. But it's in Tower 1. You could see the ocean, but you gotta be out on the lanai and gotta crane your neck a bit. You gotta work for the view. There are trees and the huge tower from the next property blocking most of the view. No underground parking for this tower either. Our room, 1057, had nice views even if you were standing in the kitchen or at the front door. Absolutely unobstructed.

Go for the units with a 2nd bathroom if you get a 1 bedroom unit. If you look at the property maps, you can tell you have a much better chance at a room with a better view with the 2 bathroom units if you compare the locations of the 1 bd/1 bth vs the 1 bd/2 bth units. With a kid, I'm soooo glad we got a condo instead of a hotel room.

Oh, and there was a crib when we arrived. Can't remember if I requested one, but it was there. Didn't use it though cuz the little guy likes to sleep with us but I liked how it was there and we didn't have to ask for one if we wanted.

4  Thank codex57