“Great Stay and Great Value!”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and 6 yo Son recently stayed at the Aina Nalu. We booked through Costco/travel.com and received a good rate. Over all we were happy with our stay and felt it was a good value, just a few little things but I feel people should know about.

We knew before booking about the parking fee. Before we arrived we had decided to park on the street, but once we arrived we payed the fee. I didn't feel like it was too much, but they should just add it to the cost of the room, most people rent cars while visiting Maui. We stayed in a 1 bed 1 bath room, that was easy to access from the parking lot. It was quiet and comfortable. It had all the recent upgrades and loved having the washer/dryer, more than I thought. We were receiving daily maid service until about the middle of the week, then nothing. I don't mind washing the bath towels, but not getting more bath soap, dish soap was not convienent. I asked the front desk if we could have maid service come to our room and they said they just changed their policy and no maid service would be available going forward for any guest. The front desk woman said they did a survey and the majority of the feed back was to limit interuptions from staff. That is fine, but I feel like they should have told guests about this change and provided us with the information about how to get more supplies, which they were more than willing to drop off in our room when needed.

We also had a light bulb out the day we arrived, above the Bathroom sink, we contacted the office and they dropped off a new bulb, which did not fit. So, we called back and they sent the service guys, turned out the fixture was a little loose. I also had to wash the bath mat that was provided under the bathroom sink, it was dirty when we arrived. I do have to say that they need to deep clean the bathroom showers more often. I have read other reviews saying the shower walls are slimmy, yes they are and this isn't just slim but moldy, which can be harmful to guest and employees, the management needs to work on this.

I loved the Salt water Pool and spa, beautiful and nice to relax by before bed. We did not use the grills, but cooked most of our dinners in the Condo. My husband is a Chef and was able to cook some amazing meals with the kitchen supplies provided. I love the location in Lahaina. We easily could walk to front street to eat and shop. It was great for our 8 AM Whale Watching trip with Trilogy that left from the Light House, just four blocks away. Despite the few issues, we would stay here again. The value compared with other Condo's on the island is outstanding. It isn't the Luxury resort but it isn't the Budget Inn. We were comfortable and able to get where we wanted easily and stayed with in budget enough to enjoy doing a few extra things!!

Room Tip: You can email the management before arriving (would do it at least a month before) to request a spec...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel condo with some friends on a trip to Maui for a friends wedding. This place was very spacious, clean and had everything we needed. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo. Our hotel had two full baths, kitchen and a washer/dryer which came in handy when we wanted to wash our bathing suits. Another bonus was the safe inside the room. I felt comfortable to lock up my valuables while we were gone. Each room has an air conditioner which is nice to clear out the humidity. The hotel grounds had 2 pools which were clean and had very friendly staff. It is within walking distance to Front Street shops and restaurants in Lahaina and close to Honoapilani Hwy for easy access to get around the island. I would definitely stay back here on a future trip to Maui. This hotel is both beautiful and affordable.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank tigerlily_sara
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed in the Aina-Nalu Ginger Condo section. Wow what a gorgeous place. If ever we return to Maui (which I pray we do) this is definately the place I would love to stay. Don't know if Marlon & Luis is still there but they were great. Beautiful grounds, beautiful condo -- who could ask for anything more.

The only negative to this trip was we were waken by a rooster really early in the morning. They obviously live close by. We were moved close by the pool and we did not have that problem any longer. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close by the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I had stayed at another Outrigger property on the Big Island and had a great experience, so I decided to try the Outrigger Aina Nalu in Lahaina. Although the property is well maintained with lush vegetation, the studio was a bit disappointing. It had washer-drier hook-ups, but no washer or drier. The Big Island property did. And the Aina Nalu did not have a coin-operated laundromat on site. You had to go to a laundromat a few miles away. But the big sticking point was the $15 per night they charged you to park. When I checked out, I noticed the charge and tried to contest it. After all, it wasn't on my reservation confirmation. The clerk showed me that pages into the website, it was there buried in the fine print. I told her that was nickel and diming me, but it fell on deaf ears. Most other hotels where I've stayed that do have a parking charge print it up front and also on your confirmation so you're not surprised. She said it really wasn't the hotel's parking lot, anyway. They were just passing along the charges from a third party that actually owned the lot. Yet the parking pass and everything else related to the parking lot only had Aina Nalu on it. It didn't have another company's name. And the lot ran right up to the doors of the rooms without any delineation. There also was little on-street parking. I would NOT stay here again just because of what I consider to be somewhat deceptive advertising.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, period, unless you want to fork over another $15 per night for parking.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Vic B
Reviewed 1 March 2012

It was great , price was good , they kept the rooms well stocked with T.P paper towels and other small stuff . If i ran out of shampoo they had it on hand. it was close to town. Every thing in walking distance . On the water frount the eateries had menu's on the out side so you could see the food and the $ amount before you went in. I had a great time. The only problem i ran into at the resort is they did not have enough loungers around the pools. and the ones they did have the vistors marked there loungers earley in the day and saved them alday long . other then that I had a Blast. sunny and bright all the time in the 80's penny

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
13.4 km away
21.4 km away
Maui Seaside Hotel
Maui Seaside Hotel
#2 of 3 in Kahului

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!