My husband and 6 yo Son recently stayed at the Aina Nalu. We booked through Costco/travel.com and received a good rate. Over all we were happy with our stay and felt it was a good value, just a few little things but I feel people should know about.
We knew before booking about the parking fee. Before we arrived we had decided to park on the street, but once we arrived we payed the fee. I didn't feel like it was too much, but they should just add it to the cost of the room, most people rent cars while visiting Maui. We stayed in a 1 bed 1 bath room, that was easy to access from the parking lot. It was quiet and comfortable. It had all the recent upgrades and loved having the washer/dryer, more than I thought. We were receiving daily maid service until about the middle of the week, then nothing. I don't mind washing the bath towels, but not getting more bath soap, dish soap was not convienent. I asked the front desk if we could have maid service come to our room and they said they just changed their policy and no maid service would be available going forward for any guest. The front desk woman said they did a survey and the majority of the feed back was to limit interuptions from staff. That is fine, but I feel like they should have told guests about this change and provided us with the information about how to get more supplies, which they were more than willing to drop off in our room when needed.
We also had a light bulb out the day we arrived, above the Bathroom sink, we contacted the office and they dropped off a new bulb, which did not fit. So, we called back and they sent the service guys, turned out the fixture was a little loose. I also had to wash the bath mat that was provided under the bathroom sink, it was dirty when we arrived. I do have to say that they need to deep clean the bathroom showers more often. I have read other reviews saying the shower walls are slimmy, yes they are and this isn't just slim but moldy, which can be harmful to guest and employees, the management needs to work on this.
I loved the Salt water Pool and spa, beautiful and nice to relax by before bed. We did not use the grills, but cooked most of our dinners in the Condo. My husband is a Chef and was able to cook some amazing meals with the kitchen supplies provided. I love the location in Lahaina. We easily could walk to front street to eat and shop. It was great for our 8 AM Whale Watching trip with Trilogy that left from the Light House, just four blocks away. Despite the few issues, we would stay here again. The value compared with other Condo's on the island is outstanding. It isn't the Luxury resort but it isn't the Budget Inn. We were comfortable and able to get where we wanted easily and stayed with in budget enough to enjoy doing a few extra things!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aina Nalu(R) Lahaina by Outrigger(R) is a very special Lahaina hotel, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina Town just a short stroll from the art galleries and bistros on colorful Front Street. The award-winning design of these residential-style Lahaina hotel vacation rentals is reflected in appealing details of Asian-inspired room decor, a sleek infinity pool, an elegant poolside pavilion, and cozy garden gazebos. This private hotel condo tucked away in a quiet neighborhood setting is a serene alternative to the Lahaina hotels on the busy waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina