“Hidden gem”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 293 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Description: In 2010 Judy and Mark opened Honu Seafood & Pizza 20 feet away from Mala Ocean Tavern. A quintessential seafood eatery which has a fully unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean with 10 feet from waters edge.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Our second visit and it is great. Location as nd view great. Menu wonderful. We had clam chowder it was the best. Clams were in the shell had heavy cream spices. Then we shared napong? A wonderful white fish it was dory style breaded and pan seared with quinoa and haricots verts french green beans. It was fantastic. Server was the best She was a local that was very helpful. Pricing was normal for the area. I plan to serve clam chowder this way. Never seen it. See the pictures

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,946)

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

My husband & I happened upon this place by accident & so glad we did. We took the shuttle from westin Kaanapali to go grocery shopping at the Safeway. My husband went zip lining earlier that morning and hadn't eaten so I told him to Google restaurants in the area. He decided on Honu what a great choice. Food amazing, staff even better!!! Especially Connie who is amazing!!! Going back 2nite for my husband's birthday!! If/when we come back 2 Maui Honu is first on the list for meals!!! It's like an Hawaii Cheers where everyone knows ur name!!!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Celebrating 50th anniversary Were unable to get a table but got to sit at bar, what a lucky break
Had a wonderful time and bar staff was great
They surprised us with nice desert plate decorated with 50th anniversary
Food was wonderful and staff was the best
Go there

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Wanting to sample some fresh ingredients with local flavors as an example of how top notch proprietors operate in a very competitive environment - I treated our staff to an excellent luncheon. Everyone agreed that it’s usually some very small that makes the biggest impact - like 20yr old balsamic in your soup!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

That’s the motto of this and it’s family of restaurants.
Honu is a welcoming place and the staff are ever willing to help and make sure you have a great time.
The food is first class and the view guarantees a phenomenal sunset...
Nothing much to criticise. To nit pick, I might suggest that Honus is a little expensive, even for the Islands, but the food is really good. Try the Seafood Chowder, it is absolutely great.
Despite my caveat, I would still go back to this great restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018