“Family atmosphere”

Ranked #80 of 293 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1996, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. has been entertaining guests with a charming down-home style that's a hit with eaters around the globe. Our menu offers a number of items for the shrimp lover in all of us. Boasting creative seafood dishes inspired straight from the movie Forrest Gump and a fun family atmosphere, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. will have you running to the nearest location you can find!
Reviewed 8 November 2018

We did not have a reservation, for dinner on Saturday, but we three were seated after a short wait. The restaurant is situated on Front Street with a view of the beach. The isles are narrow, just wide enough to pass. Our waitress was entertaining, welcoming, and helpful. I ordered a bowl of Clam Chowder and some shrimp as an appetizer. Mom decided she would have the chowder as her dinner. I had, also, ordered a shrimp dish for her. She enjoyed the chowder and could not eat the shrimp. My wife loved the ribs and shrimp combination. I had Linguine Scampi. Unfortunately, I have had better. It was, however, a pleasant experience.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,517)

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

We try to visit hubba gump whenever one us in our travels. The food is consistent and dependable and it is fun to visit. This one has an amazing view as it is right on the water. It's always fun to get a drink and take the cup home...we have a collection of shakers.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

It Bubba Gump food is the same as you can get at any Bubba Gump’s what makes this place special is the location and view. I had a Dixie Mahi sandwich and a Mango Mojito. Both were good, nothing special about them but the view makes the meal worthwhile!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

We were there October 31, 2018, for Halloween. It was the first time we had been there, especially celebrating Halloween, so at 10 o’clock we arrive to the restaurant. We had a party of 6, celebrating my sister birthday. We order appetizers and some order their food. When I was ready to order my dinner, they told me “oh the kitchen is closed and here the tab.” What? We were not notified that they were closing within an hour. They didn’t tell us if we wanted to order SOMETHING before the kitchen closed. They did not let us order dessert, especially because we were celebrating a birthday. I asked the waitress, what about dessert and she called one of the cooks and asked him if he can prepare the dessert and with an attitude was like “Well what does she wants”? I was like, if you couldn’t heat up 5 coconut shrimp what makes want to bothered ordering dessert? He simply laughed, he was so rude, and the waitress provides an unpleasant atmosphere for not advising that they were in a rush to kick us out. My husband is GM for 3 restaurants in Sky Harbor Airport and for him to experience such poor customer service from an industry he knows, it was slapped in his face that we were treated so poorly. He asked to speak to manager to explain what had happened and told him he was out for the day. Then my husband asked for his cups that they give when you buy a drink and came out with the use ones instead of the new ones that you redeem your ticket. It was horrible experience and more that it was Halloween in Maui come on, like we are visitors and should had been treated nicely. I have been to Bubba Gum in Cancun, LA, Las Vegas, Honolulu, and Chicago and know that this not the way they treat customers.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our meal and the sunset, service was quick and the waiter very friendly. Really enjoyed been over the water and watching the sunset.