“Wow!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Nakui Street
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stumbled upon this great Bistro in Makawao on the way back down from visiting the volcano at Haleakala Park and we are glad we did! The food was exceptional and the service was amazing! We had a great lunch, salad with fried goat cheese, a tuna sandwich, a burger and lamb ragout. I have already recommended this awesome restaurant to one of my "foodie" friends and we definitely will be back!

Reviewed 13 October 2012

My wife and I are from NY and were absolutely pleased to find out the chefs are also from NY and bring that flair and style of cooking to Maui. The food was well prepared and tasted so fresh. We were extremely pleased with the taste and presentation.

1  Thank Youchungjr
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Visited one morning for breakfast - one complaint was that the first two times we tried to visit they were not open (they open at 9AM apparently). I had the blackened fish eggs benedict - they were delicious. We sat outside on the patio and had a beautiful meal. Would definitely visit again...

1  Thank JefftheChefAjax
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Our first trip into Makawao we missed this restaurant because it sits back off the road a bit. The second time thru we found it be accident, the only disappointment was that we hadn't found it sooner! Great service and the food is awesome. Local and organic served with a friendly smile. Beautiful and natural outdoor seating. They serve beer and wine, but you have to sit indoors. I had the fresh tuna sandwich with heirloom tomato and mozzarella cheese with the tomatoes, olive and goat chees salad. My husband had the local braised lamb.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We actually visited Market Fresh Bistro in January, but I only started reviewing restaurants on Trip Advisor now (in September) and it was so good that I feel compelled to write a review eight months later. My husband and I stumbled upon Market Fresh Bistro after visiting Haleakala for the sunrise. We were checking out the village(?) it was in when we got hungry. I had the tuna benedict and my husband had something with chorizo. Sorry, it's been so long we can't remember what he had, but we remember the tuna benedict was AMAZING. Since this was our official first meal of the trip, the standard was set. Everything else was a disappointment, with the exception of Sansei (we even visited the much-hyped "Gazebo"). Near the end of our 11-day trip, we were so sick of the disappointing meals, that we drove the 45 minutes from our hotel back to the restaurant for lunch. We both had the tuna club with avocado aioli. We loved it. My husband has been trying to find a suitable substitute for it in Vancouver ever since. If we're on Maui again, we would definitely make a trip there... Especially for dinner, the one meal we didn't have there. The service was so friendly and efficient. My husband chatted the guy up, but he was always on top of the other tables and still professional. I don't give 5 stars often, but this one deserved it.

On a side note, if you're going to Haleakala, we did this our first morning there because we knew if we waited, we'd be too lazy to do it later - it was a great plan because we did get pretty lazy. I know all the websites tell you it's cold up there and you probably think, " it's Hawaii, how cold could it be". It is COLD. My toes were totally frozen and numb. Wear layers of clothes and socks.

1  Thank S V