US$319
US$255
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$312/night.

Peace Of Maui(Makawao)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$482
US$469
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$555/night.

All reviewsyogurtrose roomother guestsupcountry mauiho okipafruit treesfresh local fruitresidential neighborhoodprivate bathup countryroad to hanabaldwin beachminutes from the airportpaia townrodeo general storespent nightsa great place to stay
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Hidden in a residential neighborhood in upcountry Maui, Hale Hookipa Inn is a sweet find. The inn is actually a historic hawaiian plantation home decorated in vintage style. Our stay was relaxing and convenient for sightseeing with a cool climate that was refreshing after a day at the beach.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I can't recommend Cherie's place enough, and let the time between when I stayed and when I wrote the review be a testament to how much it's STILL on my mind. On a feel-out-each-day solo trip to Maui, I landed at Hale Ho'okipa after some lucky searching on the internet. I had only planned two nights here, but I doubled my stay and should have doubled it again!

It was fantastic getting to eat breakfast with and speak to Cherie each morning about my plans for the day--whether it was to confirm, fine-tune, or recommend something completely different (and completely brilliant). Cherie has spent a long time on Maui and has lots of perspective to offer on the island. Breakfast was a variety of fruits, toasts, jams, yogurt, coffee, tea, etc., all of it delicious. The Inn itself is beautiful, the rooms artfully furnished and comfortable, and the fascinating common room my favorite part. It's filled with enough hidden treasures that by the morning of my final day, I was still discovering and being pointed at new and amazing things. The grounds were also amazing to walk around and absorb in the morning over coffee. There's an *incredible* tree whiling away the years in the backyard.

The Inn is in Makawao, which is pretty centrally located and not far from any day trip, really. It's also a very nice place to base out of for the trip, since it keeps away from all of the resort mess on the coast and provides a very relaxed place to spend the night and morning. The town has bars and restaurants for a few different tastes, including Stopwatch, which is both walkable from the Inn and has karaoke some nights.

Next time I'm on Maui, I'm unquestionably coming back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We spent 3 weeks in resorts on 3 different islands doing the expected tourist things, finishing our tour with a delightful experience at this historic B&B. Our host Cherie was so welcoming and kind with her suggestions, her knowledge of Maui, and her stories of how she loves living and working there. We had the Rose room, a very quiet, cozy yet spacious mixture of antiques and artwork, with an exit to the front porch and views of the garden, and a spacious bath. We had room to spread out and yet a feeling of warmth and comfort with the windows open and the breeze blowing in. We came for a respite from the tourist scene and found both tranquillity at the B&B plus easy access to the quaint town of Makawao, Haleakala, Hana, and the Eastern side of the island. If you can stop to smell the roses, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Our Rose Room was on the end and very private
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Upcountry, Owner at Hale Ho'okipa Inn Makawao, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Aloha Folks,

It was great to meet you. Mahalo for the kind words. I always say that I have the most interesting guests. Breakfasts are delightful for me as well with lively conversations and delicious food.
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at Hale Ho'okipa.
Upcountry is truly a bit of Heaen on Earth.

Mahalo,

Reviewed 15 April 2018

My husband and I spent three nights here in this lovely, historic inn with a beautiful garden. Cherie was a kind and helpful hostess, allowed us the use of the refrigerator in the kitchen and even loaned us two raincoats (a lifesaver!). Breakfast was fresh fruit with yogurt, toast, cereal and coffee or tea. The vibe was relaxing and the inn and its history made for a great stay. It is very close to Makawao, which we enjoyed tremendously, and only a few more minutes away from Paia and Haiku, making it a great location in the Upcountry area. I hope to return sometime soon, and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: rented the two-bedroom Kona wing, off the kitchen, which was handy
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Upcountry, Owner at Hale Ho'okipa Inn Makawao, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Ahh, mahalo for your kind works. It was lovely to meet you. Happy you enjoyed your stay.

Aloha,

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My wife and I spent 6 nights at Cheri’s Inn. The history of the house and the area around Makawao is interesting. We enjoyed our conversations with the other guests as we started our day with a pleasant breakfast. Cheri helped us fine tune our plans for the day. Thanks again for your suggestions. The house and grounds were delightful. After visiting and driving through the more populated areas around Maui it was nice to come home to a more quiet and peaceful setting. We were centrally located to explore the entire island. 50 minutes to the summit of the volcano, 2 hours to Hana, and 20 minutes from the airport. The town of Makawao was a 10-15 minute walk away where dining options were available. We highly recommend the Hale Ho’okipa, particularly for couples

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Upcountry, Owner at Hale Ho'okipa Inn Makawao, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Aloha and Mahalo for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. It's great to be central to exploring Maui without being in the thick of it. Makawao is a rare gem of an old quaint town in Hawaii. There are not many left and coming home to Upcountry is certainly relaxing.
My guests are "da bes" and breakfast conversation is always is always easy ,comfortable and quite entertaining.
Aloha,