All reviews yoga classes farm to table up country spa treatments beautiful property mana foods pool and jacuzzi yogurt whispering pines ceiling fan heaven on earth north shore minute drive ocean view hammocks paia grounds
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Lumeria on weekend getaway to Maui. The grounds are amazing, well manicured and give a wonderful feel of being far more authentic then a resort.

We received an excellent couples massage. Even at an hour, it felt to stretch for far longer. Vicki and Jess did a great job and left us both feeling truly relaxed and at peace. They also kindly provided an excellent recommendation to a local restaurant.

The rooms where authentic, fair for the price. Luckily we had a corner room, and had good airflow, not to hot or humid, we did take advantage of the provided box fan. The shower was wonderful, the stones set in the floor feel wonderful on your feet as you wash away the cares of the day(of which there where blessedly few).

The only drawback was the billing. Being my second trip to Hawaii, I did know to expect a pile of fees to be added on. That said I would recommend more accurate pricing up front. When someone pays the advance rate, they typically do not expect that to be seen as a "deposit" on the final bill. Spa/class service charges, and 2nd guest fees seem a bit over the top, and while expected, should have been included or expressly(not discretely) noted upfront. We gladly paid these additions, but it would be nice to simply see them upfront, the stay is worth the extras.

All in all, I would highly recommend a stay here.If recharging, relaxing and unwinding in a low-key location is what you want, this is the place to choose on Maui.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Amazing location in beautiful maui upcountry. This place is very much focused on yoga, so if you are not a fan, consider it before.
We found the service not in line of the standard of a luxury hospitality, nor with an hawaiian kindness mood.
The breakfast in particular and the restaurant in general need serious improvement.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Since I travel on business alot, most of my hotel stays are at corporate hotels. My daughter wanted a special retreat in Maui and this is where we stayed. Upon check-in the staff was very accommodating and explained everything to us including the various classes and massages. Never once did I feel rushed by staff, they took the time to give us attention.

Our room was large and had a bedroom plus another room with a day bed. No a/c, but with the breezes it was nice and cool. Also no tv, but who needs that when you are trying to relax. Both beds were comfortable.

The food was very good. First, breakfast was included and is a simple buffet. It included cooked foods like eggs and sausage as well as fruit and oatmeal. We ate twice at the restaurant for dinner. They offer a fixed menu of a salad, main course and dessert for a reasonable price. They accommodate special diets like the vegan in our family.

Relaxation and wellness is key here. The grounds are well maintained and offer plenty of places to sit and meditate or read or chill. We took advantage of a yoga session and it was the first time for us. The instructor was awesome helping us beginners. We also enjoyed massages.

It was difficult for us to leave as we felt so relaxed and pampered. We all want to return!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank theebdk
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I highly recommend that you stay at the Lumeria. It is a place to relax and rebalance. The staff are gracious, helpful, and professional. The rooms are comfortable, the pool and hot tub are clean. The grounds are spacious and accommodate to your needs. The location is well suited for adventure and coming back to the Lumeria after a day of exploration is like coming home to a peaceful and restful environemnt.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

The property is beautiful! It was a vacation from my vacation! The Upcountry location is worth the drive because it is an oasis. The spa treatments were awesome although we wished there was a steam room and shower, but even without it we all enjoyed our treatments. We had lunch at the restaurant afterwards and it was delicious. The four of us said we would be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends