“Fantastic Experience!”

Piiholo Ranch Horseback
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a two hour horseback trip on Piiholo Ranch. From the moment we drove up to the ranch, it was clear that this was a slice of paradise in upcountry Maui and that the ranch and its horses are immaculately cared for. There was only the two of us which made for a pleasant, more private experience. Our ‘wrangler’ Morgan was terrific-an excellent guide and most knowledgeable about the ranch and the area. Like most ranches on Maui, Piiholo is a working ranch and our two hour trek led us through cattle sections on the land, where we were able to see and learn about the workings of a cattle farm. The scenery, particularly out in the open, was breathtakingly beautiful. This is not an inexpensive excursion by any means but understandably so—it takes enormous resources to run a ranch of this scope and, as Morgan explained, the number of scheduled rides is limited to ensure the health and well being of the horses. Certainly a highlight for us and highly recommended!

All reviews
"great guide"
"morgan"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I have done this ride many time with my 2 daughters, it’s always great. The horses are well trained, responsive to the riders, clearly well cared for and enjoy the experience too! The guides are all very knowledgeable with good horsemanship. We always seem to take a different route up the ranch and the views (weather permitting) are stunning across to west Mauii. The best thing is the ability to tailor the ride to the riders ability, you can simply walk or maybe trot and if your guide is confident in your ability to canter! I strongly recommend the experience. Don’t forget to pick up doughnuts from Makawao on your way up!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t have been a better experience. Grandson and daughter rode. I went on the ATV. Very friendly. Totally accommodating. Would definitely choose again.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

This was our number one favorite activity on Maui! Morgan was the perfect host us on our cowboy for a morning ride. Beautiful, clean, well-run ranch with fantastic horses. My husband is not an experienced rider, but when I called they said no problem and it wasn't! We both had a blast playing with the cows enjoying the beautiful scenery. Morgan is a lovely horsewoman, giving us good instruction and great conversation. You won't be disappointed.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

So I’ve been looking for a cattle ranch in Maui for a few years, but this one exceeded all my expectations! The Ranch is big and beautiful in every direction, and so clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. When I met Morgan (the head wrangler/ranch manager) and we started talking about horsemanship, I knew this 'cowboy for a day' ride was going to be great! Morgan works with all the horses regularly to keep them well behaved, responsive, and happy. My little paint (Jedi) loved working the cows - he was excited but well mannered and ready to go when I was! I had so much fun moving an sorting cows - just what I'd hoped for! Morgan helped me work the cows but also let me figure some things out. As accomplished as she is in every riding style, competition, training (even polo horses!) she is humble, mature and poised - not to mention she's only 20 something. And lastly, the lunch provided was amazing! A ciabatta sandwich with meat, cheese, bacon, avocado, cucumbers, tomato, sprouts and more! Yummm! You will also be offered juice/soda/water, chips, and a salad - I couldn't eat it all!
Piiholo Ranch pretty much made my day!

1  Thank Ellench1