“Great first lesson for beginners”

North Shore Surf Girls - Surf School
Ranked #3 of 63 Tours in Haleiwa
More attraction details
Owner description: The North Shore Surf Girls Surf School is a female owned and operated company. Our lessons are catered to men, women and children. Our all female instructors are former professional surfers, trained lifeguards. We are detail oriented when teaching you to surf and stand up paddle board. We offer group, semi private and private surfing lessons and stand up paddle board lessons daily at 9:00AM, 12:00PM and 3:00PM.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive having never surfed before, but we thought it's something you have to do when visiting Hawaii. We had a 2 hour lesson with Carol which was perfect: the North Shore location is much less crowded than Waikiki, Carol really put us at ease, gave great advice and was in the water the whole time to help us out. I really don't have great balance yet even I was standing and surfing - and it's an amazing feeling!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"carol"
in 721 reviews

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Carol was awesome. We learned a lot and enjoyed our experience surfing with our group. We had an amazing time!

1  Thank fidgit87
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Carol is a fantastic teacher and all three of us found our feet by the end of the lesson! Very reasonable price for what you get... just do it!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Carol was fantastic and got us in the water fast and standing up on the first wave. Not just for females!! Im a guy and was here on a trip by myself and met up with a couple others at a bar and decided to do it, so glad I did! She made it comfortable and was incredibly knowledgeable and helped us find the right waves every time. I'll definitely book another lesson on my next trip here!

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

So easy to book, and Carol was in communication in the morning to tell us where to meet based on good surf for that specific day. Our first part of the lesson on the beach was very thorough, and it only continued from there in the water :) Carol gave us sooo many awesome tips and feedback that I can't imagine ever having learned trying surfing on my own. Stood up a handful of times & it was such a rush and all the feels! No doubt one of the best experiences of my life to date & something I will always remember. Hope to be back again for more lessons from the North Shore Surf Girls School!!