“Unit #2 Lalo Kuilima at the Turtle Bay Estate Condos”
Review of Turtle Bay Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kahuku
Turtle Bay Condos
St George, UT
“Unit #2 Lalo Kuilima at the Turtle Bay Estate Condos”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

NOT the best place I have ever stayed in. The area, I love it! I will continue to go back again and again, I will just be sure this time I only pick a place that has many traveler reviews. If the property has been there awhile and there are no reviews, that is NOT a good sign. This particular unit was affordable, but it was infested with Roaches. I know that the Islands have bugs, it is not my first trip to these islands, but I also know that if they drop on you while you are sitting on the comode, that is NOT a good thing and that someone should really be paying someone to come out and spray. When confronted the owner after my stay of this infestation, I was then told that I broke a chair, and that I and the people in my party had been doing drugs while we were there. I am a 40 year old professional business women, my husbands owns his own business. We have two children and are upstanding cititizens in our community. I did not appreciate being accused of breaking a chair (which was broke when we got there) and doing drugs (which was an ibuprophen pill (costco generic) ) Not reporting the broken chair was my fault, but since my surroundings were less then tastefull I just assumed that it was part of the decor. It was a mess dealing with the owner after the fact. I would not recommend this unit for the price, I have seen and rented now another unit that is not only tastfully decorated, but has alot of great reviews. Lesson learned that if someone does not want to give back a deposit they will say anything that they can. I have also learned to inspect the units and call the owner immediately if there is a problem.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank SunnyInUtah

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Our party of 4 stayed in the Kuilima Estates – East 76 and definitely enjoyed it! Plenty of room, loved the ‘island’ instead of having a large kitchen table and chairs, clean, and the grounds were well kept. These condos are situated right along side the golf course.

There were a few issues, but didn’t take away from my overall experience:
1.The very narrow winding stairs to get to the 2nd floor where the 2nd bedroom is located. Charming looking, but NOT very practical.
2. Yes it would have been nice to have a lanai to sit, with a cup of coffee in the morning, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
3. It’s not really “walkable” to the beach, especially if you’re carrying beach accessories.
After we drove to the beach, get all set to enjoy the sun, water, and relaxation, a 'vendor' in a booth on the beach approached us and told us we really were not allowed there if we were not guests of the “Turtle Bay Resort”. I told them when I reserved with Turtle Bay Vacation Rentals, we were told the beach access was one of the ammenities,but not Hotel restuarants, spa etc… We were told no, but were allowed to stay for the rest of the afternoon. For clarification, we were not asking for umbrellas – chairs – towels that was available, we had our own.
4. Turtle Bay is on the far North of the island, but very beautiful!
The closest store is probably a good 15 min away.
All in all, none of these issues would prevent me from recommending the Kuilima Estates at Turtle Bay. ENJOY!

I apologize for the very delayed review, since our date of stay was in Feb 08', but the options didn't go back that far. I wrote a review on the Turtle Bay Vacation Rental Site, from where we reserved the condo, but forgot to write one for Trip Advisor.
This is a great area if you want more of the quiet scene than the touristy waikiki beach area,

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Stayed for a 1.5 weeks in a condo on the golf course. Overall this is a beautiful location. The condo was dated and tired. Clean enough but not great. Kitchen left a lot to be desired... knives wouldn't even slice a lime and the blender died. Not good when you want to whip up a blender of pina coladas! We were awakened every morning starting at 3:30 a.m. by the many roosters hanging out by the condo. Talked to the management who said, 'Yeah, they're feral. Nothing we can do." Then talked to a 'higher up' who said, "Yes, we're aware, and they will be rounded up and relocated within 24 hours", which never happened. We did our best to adjust but if you're looking for rest and relaxation... keep looking! Seems like staying at the actual hotel may have been better/quieter... beautiful sunrises and sunsets though!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Scotts Mills, Oregon
Reviewed 16 November 2010

After a few recommendations, we booked to give a try. Walked in and found a nice floor plan. Kitchen was kind of clean but oven door had broken glass. The rest of the place was so filthy, we left after 30 minutes!! Got there and couldn't see as 3 or 4 lights we burned out. Smelled awful! I don't think the place had been opened in months. Went to the bath and almost fell off the toilet as it wasn't even bolted to the floor and when flushed the floor got rather wet. After this we pulled back the sheets to check for cleanliness and critters and there were holes in the sheets, but at least no bedbugs that we noticed. Dirty carpets, really dirty walls and washer and dryer I'd never use due to dirty and grime. This was on a Sunday evening and called security and he gave us an EMERGENCY number. We called 6 times and it was busy. Brought the keys back to security who was friendly and confirmed the number was correct. Left and continued to call for 4 hours ( over 25 times) and it was always busy. If they give you condo # 160 BEWARE!!!!!! I would not even rate this place. We have stayed in condos all over and never have we been so upset, disgusted and disappointed! Any where else would be better. Sleep on the beach if you must!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank CrookedFingerHarry

Travellers are raving about these Kahuku hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Arrivced Aug. 8th late in the evening. Started out on wrong foot. Unit had not been cleaned. They sent someone over to help change sheets so we could sleep that night.
Then next day made up for the mistake. Cleaned and everything turned out fine.

My adult son loved looking out on the golf course. The beach is a little further than it looks on the map. Just have to drive down to the Turtle Bay Resort and park in the Beach Access lot.

Would recommend staying there on the North Shore for say 5-7nights and then 2 or 3 max in Waikiki.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahuku
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#6 of 84 in Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku

Been to Turtle Bay Condos? Share your experiences!