6,016 results
All reviews character breakfast lazy river ama ama aunty's beach house dvc members bedroom villa ulu cafe water slides cast members rainbow reef off the hook kids club scavenger hunt starlit hui mickey mouse across the street community room
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Rooms, hospitality, water experience incredible! They have started to charge for thing that used to be included. The spa experience this, our third, year was less incredible. Half of the on e amazing water works were non functioning, the massage appeared to be by rote instead of individualized, small room vs magical open one. At the end, I had the urge to sit up and tell him off because I couldn't believe that he was washing the stones used in my massage during my relaxing cool down period. Copious time during massage dealing with stones and sticks. What is gapping to the resort to the north? Will it detract from the view over all a wonderful, magical experience!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Trudy H
Reviewed 15 October 2015

This is a fantastic place on so many levels. And yet...it's just not worth the serious coin you pay for basically a McVacation. The kids LOVE it. The water slides, pools, and beach are really top-notch. There is something for everyone (well, except a chair...). I have been to this resort twice, both at peak times (Christmas week, and mid-winter break). If you are going at a busy time (which is most of the time), know that you can't just roll in and be able to take advantage of the things you may be interested in, like kid care, spa appointments, character breakfasts, and even getting dinner! MAKE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE. The master Zen challenge begins at 6am when you really need to get downstairs, coffee up, throw your stuff on some chairs and then get in line for Aunty's Beach House. Seriously. If you aren't in line by 7:15 at the LATEST, you are not going to get any programs you want. NOTE: There are a few programs you can sign up for prior to arrival (these are programs you have to pay extra for). I highly recommend signing up for any that might possibly interest you 30 days prior to your arrival. MAKE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE. ;-) If you are a single parent, it's even harder, because you don't have the ability to tag team on lines, etc. Super frustrating that they don't have a better system (isn't there an app for that??). I have stayed in a standard hotel room - which is just fine, and a 2BR condo - which was on the 2d floor (at $900 clams a night....ugh) the 2BR was dark, cramped, and not at all conducive to having family meals. There is just no room. Of course, that's probably all part of the plan... The spa is just STUNNING. As are the prices. But truly one of the most beautiful spas I have ever been to. I was unable to get in on my second visit (did I mention $900/night??), as Aulani had a ginormous convention going on at the same time and they had pretty much blocked out the spa, the nice dinner place, the beach, the lawn, the whole place. Food is extremely MEH. I loved getting food at the ABC store across the street - great salads and sushi. And - OMG - Island Vintage Coffee. You must go. Overall, it's not worth the price, and I won't go there again. But I don't regret having gone, either.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank HoppySeattle
Reviewed 15 October 2015

We stayed here for our anniversary trip, and the service is exactly what you would expect from a Disney property. The attention to detail is everywhere you look, but the cultural aspects is what really took me by surprise. Everywhere you look you will see details that tie into the deep rooted history and culture of the Island.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffanypoche
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The hotel was perfect for our large family gathering. We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa and it was perfect. It was crowded but with any Disney resort you have to expect that. We were always able to find chairs on the beach if the pool area was busy. The spa was a piece of quiet heaven and surprisingly you could not hear anything from the hotel pools. The only downfall is that you are about 45 minutes from the Honolulu attractions.

Room Tip: choose the 3 bedroom villa if traveling with a large group.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank awaitingjamaica
Reviewed 14 October 2015

The best dinner buffet ever that offers everything including seafood (crab legs and claws, shrimps, oysters) ahi, salmon, meat that includes slow roasted beef, pork and almost everything ini a buffet for a price of $45.00 for adults. You'll come out very satisfied. The servers are very attentive and pleasant. We usually stay at a nearby hotel in Ko Olani, but we'll always include this place in vacation trips.

We also tried their breakfast buffet and it was just as great.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family