“STAY AWAY FROM THE “BIRDS OF PARADISE” at this Luau”
Review of Paradise Cove Luau

Paradise Cove Luau
Ranked #11 of 149 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our third trip to Paradise Cove and our last. We love the luau. The Paradise Cove staff is wonderful. However, they choose to allow small children to take pictures with exotic birds (parrots, macaws). We allowed our children to wait in line to participate also. There are NO SIGNS warning us against the birds behavior and no waiver to sign. My 7 year old daughter was holding a bird on her finger but my three year old son was too nervous, so he chose to just stand next to her. The photographer’s bird got spooked and flapped his wings in front of my daughter causing her to lose balance and lower her hand with her bird. Her bird then flapped its wings and grabbed my son’s shirt and wouldn’t let go. He was screaming and when the photographer finally got the bird off of him, he had left a four inch bleeding scratch on his chest. The photographer was very annoyed at US about it and told the other photographer that my daughter “dropped the bird” and pointed towards the first aid station. I will say the first aid station was amazing and the men working there were wonderful and a huge help. However, we paid over $200 and left feeling nervous with a screaming toddler and are now afraid of a bird related infection or sickness. I understand the bird people are not Paradise Cove employees, but there needs to be a sign warning us that the birds can act up. I never would have let my kids participate had I known they were so temperamental. It really ruined the entire evening and could have been prevented with a sign.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great show and food for the price. like most its about an hour bus ride depending on where your staying but worth it. the fire dancer was awesome. Right on the ocean so beautiful sunset.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I've attended Hilton Starlight luau last year and it was just ok. I knew how beautiful Ko olina was..so I've decided to try Paradise Cove Luau this year. I'm so glad I made the right choice! it was the best Luau I've ever attended!! Ko Olina was beautiful..little activities before the main stage were also fun! transportation from and to Waikiki was awesome. my guide (sexy bus number one!!) was great!!! she made us laugh the whole time! the main show was great..and the bar was awesome too! (please try lava flow!!!!!!!!!!). we've had great time!! strongly recommended!!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

It’s a luau. Gotta do one. Liked the things before hand. Took a small canoe ride. Threw the spears. Watched the “locals” show the customs. Food was decent. Enjoyed the show. Beautiful scenery and area.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Having done multiple luaus on Oahu this is by far my favorite. They have a number of activities for those who arrive early. The staff here are fun and friendly. The dancers are fantastic. They have multiple food options as it is generally a buffet. If you can swing it go for the deluxe package, it is well worth the price for all of the extras you get.