“Swim with the dolphins!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Waimanalo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sea Life Park, Hawaii's marine life comes alive in a dazzling display that will entertain and delight visitors. Located just 15 miles from Waikiki, on Oahu's beautiful and scenic Makapuu Point, Sea Life Park is a world-class marine attraction perched between the majestic Koolau Mountain Range and breathtaking Makapuu Beach. See dolphins swim, sea lions sing, and penguins perform in this magical place by the sea.
Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Swim with the dolphins!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

My girlfriend & I had an amazing experience at the Sea Life Park. It was an amazing experience being able to get in the water with a Dolphin. We took part in a dolphin encounter where we got a kiss from a dolphin and got to shake hand as well as watching it do tricks right in front of us. I've had dolphins come up near me at the beach but it was quiet amazing to be able to get up this close to them. My gf & I won a free pass through Expedia so we only had to purchase 1 ticket & split the cost between the two of us. I can see how people see the Sea Life Park as to expensive & overpriced but for me this dolphin experience was one of the highlights of my trip & was worth the price of admission.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank stobiesaur

• Korean first
Vacaville, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Definitely not Sea World.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

This park was really sad. Coming from San Diego area I am used to Sea World this is absolutely nothing like it. The shows were so small everything was small and rusted. I almost felt sorry for the animals in these tiny arenas. The only saving grace was the sea turtles. You could pet them up close they were amazing. Otherwise, not worth the money.

1 Thank Renee R
Ontario, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Swim with Dolphins”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Great interactive show with dolphins. Our daughter participated in the higher end show and had a great time swimming and interacting with them.
The park probably needs a little updated but overall was a good experience and fun to attend.

British Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Enjoyable but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

We wanted to swim with the dolphins, but I wasn't comfortable swimming in the sea with the wild spinner dolphins (and other things that might be lurking out there!)
Booked the Sea Life Park through the hotel and got picked up by Aloha Landing near the Sheraton. You can also get there by bus #20 ($2.50) from Waikiki, that trip takes nearly an hour. We opted for the Royal Swim, which is pricey, but so worth it. I would have been very disappointed to watch all the Royal Swimmers having such fun.
As some reviewers have observed the park could do with a spruce up, and it isn't a large area., and I would agree with that. However, in our view, this was more than made up for by the lovely staff and the total experience of these amazing animals. You are not allowed to take photos, they do that for you and sell them for around $16 each (I think). The cafe area isn't too great, the usual fried stuff and pop.
Altogether I would rate it as a great experience, I am glad we went. I would particularly recommend Sea Life for children.

1 Thank Chickie123
Kelowna, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Sea Life Park is small and won't take long to tour. However, the dolphin show is fantastic and you'll get to meet the Wholphin! The trip out to the park is easy if you aren't driving. All you do is jump on the #22 bus and go and the trip out and back is all along the coast - beautiful!

1 Thank KosiceKat