“A great way to see Acadia National Park if you do not have a car with you...”

Acadia National Park Tours
Ranked #12 of 45 Tours in Bar Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: Acadia National Park Tours specializes in fully narrated bus tours of Acadia National Park. Trips are offered daily at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Tours depart from Testa's Restaurant, 53 Main Street, in downtown Bar Harbor. Tour price is $27.50 per adult and $15.00 for children 12 and under. All tours are 2.5 hours in duration and feature stops throughout Acadia National Park include the summit of Cadillac Mountain and Thunder Hole.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We booked our tour privately online in advance of our visit. We were traveling on a mid-size cruise ship and had to "tender" over to Bar Harbor from off shore. We caught one of the first morning tenders from our ship and easily made our 10 am tour time.

The school-type bus boarded about 15 minutes prior to the start time for the tour, but left promptly at 10 AM. The driver gave a most informative and entertaining narration throughout the tour. The driver stopped several times allowing people to get off and take photos.

The Fall colors were spectacular to those of us from the West coast of the USA. We were most fortunate to have sunny weather which made the views of Acadia National Park spectacular!

I highly recommend this tour. I should also note that the driver made 2-3 restroom stops inside the park and also gave ratings of these facilities available in the park. That being said, based on his reviews, I would suggest using the nice clean public restrooms available near the bus stop in downtown Bar Harbor before boarding the bus to start the tour!

1  Thank Kerry W
in 5 reviews
"jordan pond"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had a great tour in September. Too early for the fall colors but that was fine. The guide we had was very knowledgeable about all the areas we visited. She also some stories about the famous people that helped bring the park into existence. It helped us decide where we would like to revisit in the park and spend more time at each spot. I would definitely recommend this and sit on the drivers side for the best views!

1  Thank Mary Ann M
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

While visiting Bar Harbor earlier this month I took a “Trolly Tour” and then visited the gift shop. I purchased several souvenirs and Christmas ornaments. On my return home some of these items were lost. Since I had promised these to friends I was upset. I called the gift shop and talked to Shelia, who helped me replace the items that were lost. I appreciate her patience and help in replacing these items. Thanks, Shelia

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We wanted an overall tour of the Park from the perspective of someone who lived in the area. We were not disappointed.
Arranging the tour was extremely easy. Because of tendering from the ship we were concerned about the 10:30 start time so we phoned and discussed it with the owner.
As it were, we made it to shore with an hour to spare.
Our driver was a wealth of information about the area, which he delivered with a dry sense of humor. Very receptive to questions.
Tour was much more reasonably priced than the excursions sold by the cruise line. It also included Cadillac Mountain, as it was a beautiful, clear day. The panorama from the top of the mountain was nothing short of spectacular.
Only downside, for which we could not fault the tour company, were the crowds. It was a three day Holiday weekend so nature lovers were out in full force. This tour has paid for parking spots in all our stops, so we were well taken care of.
All in all a beautiful day in a lovely setting.

1  Thank Nancy S