“One of the Best!”
Review of The Blue Door

The Blue Door
Ranked #59 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Small, charming, eclectic ethnic and authentic local flavors, robust flavors, seafood, poultry, steak and great vegan options
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We had a wonderful meal at The Blue Door. The menu is creative with wonderful chicken, seafood and vegetarian options. I recommend highly for couples or small groups looking for a memorable meal in downtown Bar Harbor. Everything we sampled was excellent and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 February 2017

My husband and I were in Bar Harbor for a few days in January (yes, January)! We wanted to have dinner at the Blue Door but the timing didn't work so we fit in lunch before we left for our long drive home. So glad we did! The owner was absolutely charming and made great suggestions. We loved our meal. I had a salad (hard to rave about a salad but it was fresh and delicious). I had a crab bisque which hit the spot and my husband had a fish dish that was very tasty and plentiful. We couldn't decide on our dessert so Barbara made us a mix of several strudels topped with ice cream and warm blueberry topping. Fantastic. We will definitely hit this place up during our yearly visit in August.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a fabulous meal in late January. She had a scallop entree with a green mole sauce and I enjoyed a mole poblano with chicken. The dinner was wonderful from the salad with maple syrup/balsamic dressing to the dark chocolate and salted but strudel for dessert. The cosmos were lovely!

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Small cozy restaurant with lobster strudel. I went on a very busy night and sat by myself at the small bar for dinner. The pace was very busy, but the owner spent a good deal of time talking with me while I had dinner. She told me a lot about the area. The food was excellent, and it looked like everyone else who was dining there was also having a great experience!

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our visit to the Blue Door. The restaurant is warm and cozy. We both had fresh Maine scallops with a spicy sesame sauce. Delicious. We started with the smoked white fish pate (they smoke all their fish in house.) Also terrific. The restaurant is a little off the beaten path, right near the Quimby House, but it's well worth the visit. The food is of high quality.