“Katmai Trophy Lidge”
Review of Naknek River Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in King Salmon
Naknek River Camp
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Great food, great guides, great fishing. Very nice Lodge, although we were in the Fox Cabin right next door.

Friendly service, a lot of good advice. They pack lunch for your fishing trips. Caught King Salmon, Sockeye, Jumbo Rainbows and Arctic Char. Relaxing and exciting at the same time.

Will return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I spent a week at Naknek River Camp. It is a fishing camp and not a romantic getaway for you and your honey. That is not wat they advertise. Great place if you are interested in fishing only. Cabin: Was clean. My cabin had a chemical toilet. Some cabins have full facilities. The bathhouse was clean and shower water was warm.
We were welcomed at the airport by Jim, the owner. Though out the week, I felt like family.
Food: Every offering was first class home cooking.
Fishing: My main guide was Mike. I spent the first 2 days at another lodge and caught all the species on bucket list except a silver. We spent 2 days throwing at the shore. My fishing partner manage to land 2 silvers in 2 days. My only silver hook up ended with a broken line. If you are new to fly-fishing, If you are new to fly-fishing. I would highly recommend Mike. The man has infinite patients with a neophyte like me. I learned a lot from him.
Over all, a great week of fishing for the price.

Room Tip: Not a romantic weekend with honey location, but a great place for a fishing trip
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Best bang for your buck that you are going to find.
Some of the most prime Wild Rainbow water there is along all species of Pacific salmon, pike you name it, it's there.
There are "posher" lodges with fancier meals but the daily rates of those lodges compare with the weekly rate at NRC. They are on a great peice of water with a location that puts everything in the region within reach.
Truthfully, its been my experience with Alaskan lodges that one could find a whole lot less for considerably more money that is charged here.

I wouldn't go as far as to call NRC a poor mans lodge, it's far more than that.
I'd have to say it falls at about halfway in between paying top dollar for Alaskas finest and just roughing it on your own.
If you are capable and choose the "do it yourself" option you wouldn't be disappointed but for the money the "Best of Bristol Bay" package is a wise choice. Two fly-outs in a week should satisfy your desires and curiosities but your sitting on the best rainbow water in the state right at camp. I'm giving a 5 star rating based on value and quality of fishing in the area which is key when choosing any area of Alaska to fish.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

Venue delivers exactly what it says on the tin. Amazing fishing, first class guides, spectacular scenery and, oh yes, the Bears. Visit to Brooks Falls (included in programme) an absolute, unforgettable, must! Cabins are clean, warm and comfortable but could do with improved toiletting facilities such as running water and showers. Communal block is adequate but results in 'queueing' early morning and evening post-angling. I would happily recommend the Naknek River Camp to any game-fishing fan who is looking for a life-time experience in a stunning, unspoiled part of the world. Last but not least, for anyone looking for value-for-money adventure in great multi-national company... this is the place to go.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

One of the guides/ family friend Chad Bryson has been after a group of us to come out and fish in Alaska with him for years. He recently went to work for the Johnson's at the Naknek River Camp. When he told us about the trip we couldn't believe we could do everything for the price. Next thing I know we are booked and heading to river camp. The cabins were great. Our group of 7 had plenty of room for our gear and were not crowded. We all stayed in Brown Bear Aka bat Cabin with a fabulous view of the river and snow capped mountains off in the distance. We had wonderful hot breakfast every morning, sack lunches and then dinner was always a treat with a four star meal prepared fresh by Phyllis and the kitchen crew. Our cabin was restocked with a water thermos daily and ice was available when needed. If you forgot something at home or ran out of anything Jim would send out for what ever you needed. You could not ask for a better group of people to spend a week out in the bush with. Comfy beds, bath house with hot showers, four food and a price you can't beat anywhere. Looking forward to going back.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brandon C

Been to Naknek River Camp? Share your experiences!