“The most recognizable bridge”
Review of Golden Gate Bridge

Golden Gate Bridge
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching 4,200 feet and towering as high as a 65-story building, this well-known bridge is the gateway to San Francisco.
Reviewed 12 January 2017

I have dreamed about seeing Golden Gate Bridge since I was a little girl. Here I am in San Francisco for 2 days, my dream is so close to come true. We decided to include the bridge in our plans for the second day... And it was the biggest mistake. Starting from the morning it seemed like someone carefully covered the bridge with clouds. We went to Alcatraz, then walked the Embarcadero, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf... We spent all day and it was not getting any better. I was very sad thinking I had to leave the city without seeing the bridge. But we anyway decided to go and see it at sunset. We came to the vista point that we found on internet and OH MY GOD! it was completely clear! I was very happy but we didn't have enough time before the sun completely set. We started walking towards the bridge (there is a road)to see it from both sides and to make pictures. It is breathtaking, speechless, really beautiful and it didn't disappoint me at all (I was afraid it will happened).
After the sunset we decided to walk Golden Gate. It was very cold and windy and the bridge is quite long so in half an hour we could make it only to the first pillar. Of course, we were stopping, enjoying the view and making pictures, but maybe it's better to cross it by bike (important: on the right is for pedestrian, on the left is for bikes) or walk it in a day with more time. To cross it by car you have to pay the toll.
Advice: enjoy the bridge during the day because at night the backlight is not so good and don't leave it for the last day.

Write a ReviewReviews (44,017)
All reviews
in 3,185 reviews
"sausalito"
in 2,700 reviews

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Amazed on how many people were there, and that you could walk across the bridge easily. Took a free walking tour that was very good, too.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

You can't come to San Francisco and not visit the Golden Gate Bridge! The views everywhere around the area are simply amazing. You can either walk, bike or drive across the bridge. The parking in the vista area could be a little hectic because of all he tourist buses, so be prepared to go in a circle around the parking lot a couple of times. My husband and I used Lyft which was nice being dropped off and picked up right in front of the welcome center.
Seeing that my husband and I walked a portion of the bride, we were able to see boats crossing under along with tour boats full of tourists taking pictures which was nice to see.
Indeed, the bridge is a modern landmark and whenever you see a picture of San Francisco, you'll always see the Golden Gate as its symbol.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

I once read: One day if I go to heaven…..I’ll look around and say “It ain’t bad, but it ain’t San Francisco”. I absolutely love that and I absolutely loved San Francisco. With the Golden Gate Bridge truly being the icing on the cake. We rode bikes across it and the view of it from the bay is magnificent but when you get on it, it is truly awe inspiring. An absolute must!!