“Great sandwiches”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great sandwiches - The golden gate of mind sandwich in particular was a good choice and try the Yerba Mate tea

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I’m gonna keep it short and simple.

Went to Ike’s, ordered the Adam Richman, IT WAS THE BEST THING I’VE EVER EATEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

A few years back I was a bit obsessed with Man v. Food so, when I did a roadrip around America, I tried to visit as many of the featured restaurants as possible. Ike’s was my very first Man v. Food location and it is probably my favourite.

Ike’s serves up a mind-bogglingly wide select of sandwiches including a large number of off-the-menu offerings. I believe you can create your own, too, and if the finished product is deemed worthy enough, you’ll be allowed to name the sarnie and add it to the ever-growing list of available choices.

I have had over a dozen sandwiches from Ike's on repeat visits to the States and none have ever let me down. My friend, a voracious carnivore, foolishly let me pick his sandwich one time and I went for a vegetarian/vegan option just to annoy him - it says a lot about the place that, despite the fact he was initially furious he had no meat, he couldn't fault his meal at all once he'd finished!

If you are feeling like a glutton, you can splash your cash on one of the gut-busting house specials like the Krypytonite or the Doomsday which offer enough substance for roughly three sandwiches! You get a few complimentary lollies included with each sandwich and can add a bag of crisps/chip and a drink for an additional fee.

Ike’s Place’s popularity has sky-rocketed and the business now has a number of locations throughout San Francisco and Oakland. You should definitely pop in if you pass one by – you won’t regret it! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We love Ike's and their sandwiches, we eat there every chance we get. But this location is not the best. It's a tiny shop with little space for seats and a not so safe ally besides it. Since it's small everyone, including workers are jammed in there. My advice call in your order ahead and pick it up. We love the Dimaggio and the Madison sandwiches!

2  Thank The_MrandMrsB
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The "Matt Cain" sandwich with sourdough and red onion was superb. 10/10 would order again! cheers m8!