“Fantastic place to stay”
Review of Inn on Castro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on Castro
Ranked #1 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My friend and I just returned from 5 nights here. We were overwhelmed with what a fantastic place this was to stay, and we both would recommend it to anyone wanting quality accomodation in the heart of Castro.
We wanted to be in Castro, and we couldn't have been any closer. The inn is ideally placed for public transport and taxis too.
Our room (The Brown Room) was really clean and comfortable with a mini fridge full of complimentary soft drinks, and a lovely brandy decanter on the side. The bathroom had a nice shower with red hot water and high quality tissues. Towels and linen were changed every day.
Jan (the owner) is a delighful Man, who puts on a superb breakfast, where you can sit and meet other guests, or chat to Jan about his vast knowledge of the city or any other subject for that matter. He's an interesting chap to chat to in general.
I am so glad I chose the Inn on Castro over slightly cheaper accomodation, as I feel its worth every penny.
I will definitely chose Inn on Castro for my next trip to San Francisco.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I second the thoughts of other reviewers -- the location is great, the breakfast is incredible, the rooms are comfortable and include free bottled water, juice, and hooch. The wireless can be a bit spotty, but my rooms had ethernet cables as well. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I don't recommend the rooms in the basement -- not enough light makes it difficult to wake up. T...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

headline about says it all - no parking, clean space, but furnishings are very old (the blanket on our bed was fraying where sewing was coming a apart across all the trim), soap and conditioner in the shower, no shampoo; brandy in the room, free unlimited bottled water and juice. Proprietor was a bit odd (older-middle aged gay man, make not so funny gay jokes directed at us...).

The redeeming characteristic of this place is the breakfast - that gets an A+ both day (fruit, yogurt, cereals, gourmet coffees, AND three cheese omelet, french toast, poached eggs on Spanish, etc. Again, breakfast was VERY good.

Room Tip: more expensive rooms are obviously nicer and quitter
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My BF and I recently had a one night stay at this B&B. We stayed in the Brown room which was recommended when we made the booking for being quiet. And it was. The location was great. Right off of Castro and Market. Lots of transportation options. We walked to dinner in the Mission and it didn't take long at all. We didn't have much time in the city and had a vehicle. We had no problem finding parking on the street but, had to move the car at least once. I imagine if you stay longer with a vehicle you may want to find a lot to park in. The room was nicely decorated. There was even a mini bar full of soft drinks, juice and water. Also a nice decanter with Brandy in the room. Breakfast was great. Jan was a pleasure to talk too. Found out he had once lived in the city we live in.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have stayed with Jan in one of his properties three times now and each time it is outstanding. A pleasant informative host, affable conversations over the breakfast table with like minded guests and clean and comfortable facilities, Jan is a font of knowledge about local restaurants and activities - all of which were useful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple