“Chocolate heaven”

and up
The Original San Francisco Gourmet Chocolate Tour
Ranked #12 of 100 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun gourmet walking tours in San Francisco and Wine Country.
Pasadena, CA
“Chocolate heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Nicole knew a great amount about chocolate. She taught us how to eat and appreciate chocolate. I only thought there was white, milk, and dark chocolate. My eyes are now opened to all the different possibilities of different kinds of chocolates. It's great for chocolate lovers and non-chocolate lovers. Nicole opened the eyes for my boyfriend.

Great experience. A must do tour when you are feeling adventurous.

San Francisco, California
“Great Chocolate Tour of San Francisco!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

My friend took me on a Gourmet Walks chocolate tour for my birthday and it was a great San Francisco experience. I am an SF native and it was still informative, engaging and a great afternoon. I really enjoyed the pace of the walk and the variety of shops we visited-from a gourmet magazine corner store to renowned chocolate makers. The samples were generous and also delicious! The highlight of the experience was our tour guide NICOLE, who attended to everyone's needs, had a great attitude and was extremely knowledgeable about chocolate. She made the tour fun and engaging. This was a wonderful way to spend time eating chocolate and seeing beautiful San Francisco.

Visited October 2011
Martinez, California
“CHOCOLATE AND SAN FRANCISCO! THE ULTIMATE FUN WALK FOR LOCALS AND TOURISTS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

This is such a wonderful way for people to experience a slice of San Francicso from a unique perspective. If you love chocolate and would not only like to know more about it, along with seeing how this treat can be made into so many wonderful interpetations, then this easy three hour tour is a must do for you!
Our tour guide, John was so very informative, and knew even the most obscure facts about this universally admired food. His insights have expanded our horizons in such a way that our enjoyment of chocolate has been forever changed to allow us to enjoy it in a way we never could have before. This is a very unique experience that will leave you with knowledge to carry forward with you!!! The tour is centered in the historic Embarcadero-Financial district area of San Freacisco and is a very easy slow paced tour. Tidbits of San Francisco history are interwoven into the tour to relate the city's history to it's long relationship with chocolate over the years. Put this on your to do list!

Visited November 2011
danville, california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Chocolate Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

I highly recommend Gourmet Walks for a fun half day tour of small chocolate boutiques in the City. We really enjoyed our tour guide, John, who was very knowledgeable, organized and FUN. He definitely had his act together and kept all 15 of us with him at all times. We sampled many varieties of chocolate and learned how to distinguish some of the really good chocolates from the just average ones. It more than exceeded my expectations.

Visited November 2011
Essex, UK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Interesting, educational and plenty of fine chocolate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We expected to sample some fine chocolate on this tour, what we didn't expect was the amount of information on chocolate manufacture. I had no idea about child slavery in mainstream chocolate production, or the work being done by many organisations to combat it. The educational parts really elevated it above a simple tasting tour.
Not that there was anything lacking in the tastings. Our seven stops took in the more mainstream like Ghiradelli, but also included chocolatiers and chocolate makers with many samples. There was no pressure to buy anything , but time allowed if you wanted to. My favourite was probably the blue cheese chocolate truffle at the last stop. Sounds disgusting, tasted amazing.

Visited September 2011