“Dirty, noisy poor quality rooms not a hotel DO NOT GO THERE”
Review of Europa Hotel

Europa Hotel
Ranked #50 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We booked this hotel through Booking.com where the pictures were depicting a very clean and modern place. This was not the case. The frontage of the hotel was nothing like the picture on the website. The access was through one small door which was next to a brothel. The rooms were dirty and badly decorated and second hand furniture was strewn through the corridors.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I wouldn't stay here again. My room was right on the street and the noise and yelling was horrible. We were there during a het wave and it was over 102 outside, and it felt worse inside. No ac, had to go beg for a fan. Shared bathroom and shower, shared with a bunch of scuzzy backpackers and potheads. Carpet felt sticky on my feet when I walked barefoot on it. Bed was ok and sheets were clean, but I feel sick knowing I paid $360 for three nights in that hellhole. A strip club is right below, and several times I couldn't get out the door because hookers were blocking the door.

Room Tip: Not the street side!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Great location, right in North Beach but the hotel in the pictures scarcely resembles the hotel that you will be staying in. Upon arrival the staff will show you to the worst room in the hotel in the hopes that you'll just behave yourself and put up with the incessant noise from the strip club below. If like me you have been fool enough to book yourself to this place, you're going to have to do some insisting. Like insisting on a better room. The internet is rubbish and works when it feels like. Not what you need when you're on vacation

Room Tip: Don't take the first room, I guarantee it will be poor. The one you finally settle for won't...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here alone with my 18month old . Location was great easy access to everything! Staff are friendly and compared to different areas of sanfran I found the area safe at night. Still lots homeless people but lots restaurants and people about. The room is budget. had a microwave and fridge which was essential with my little one.

I stayed with a private bathroom (these are at least second floor) there was no elevator so the stairs are a struggle I had to fold my pram up to and from the hotel. Staff and really helpful and helped with my luggage and helped me plan to get arround using public transport they have great maps ect. Rooms are really hot even when it's not that hot outside. U can ask for a fan from reception but even with this it's not ideal. It's ok if u don't spend much time in the room though. So many restraints near by close to Chinatown and little Italy.
It's next to a strip club but I didn't hear a thing from my room.

Overall it was enough for what I needed for a few days.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The hotel/hostel has a friendly staff.
The rooms are dirty,small.
Our room have a tiny bathroom.
The price is good.
The location is very good. Is very close from Pier 39, Coit Tower,China Town.
Is a noisy zone full of tourists,bars,pubs.
I recommend this location just for groups ,young people and for short periods of 2-3 nights.

Room Tip: rooms with bathrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple