US$279
Westin.com
  • Room Service
The Park Central San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$275
Starwood.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$287
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
US$242
  • Pool
US$379
  • Bar/Lounge
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
US$279
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$303
US$249
  • Restaurant
The Herbert Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$259
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$209
  • Restaurant
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$233
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvirginia's roomthe main housepacific heightscurbside cafekitchen areawithin walking distancefillmorejapantowncloset
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I had a class and decided not to fight the am Rush. Could not find a place. I called Denise (delightful women). She had a room. I got there it was late. Denise greeted me and I went to bed. The room was private, very clean, unique. The home, courtyard, clean very charming comfortable. I will go back to see the rest.
The Bed was so comfortable I almost missed my class. ZZZzzzz One down side is Parking, It is after all San Francisco though :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank blueRn
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I was hesitant to come here, as I noticed the reviews were from so long ago. However, I just stayed here a week or so ago, and it was absolutely wonderful. The only reason for lack of one star is that there is no breakfast. They are upfront about this, but obviously I can't give a perfect B &B score without part of the B!

The ambience was amazing. It is very quiet here now, as I believe the proprieter has another home at which she stays part of the year. But there was someone to greet me when I arrived, a bottle of wine chililng in the refrigerator, and a perfectly kempt room. The place is like your grandma's house, except probably better and/or fancier and nestled on a relatively quiet, hilly street near Fillmore. There is beautiful artwork throughout, and clean, sizable, tastefully appointed rooms. There is also a lovely fenced-in garden to sit, reflect, drink some wine, etc.

I would recommend this place a million times over, especially since I did not know what to expect for the lack of reviews for the past few years. It is about a 10-minute cab ride ($10) to the closet BART station at Mission and 16th St. Absolutely beautiful and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank nikisue13
Reviewed 29 September 2009

The good things about this B and B are the wonderful beds, the plethora of reading material, the proximity to Fillmore Street and the nice little garden. But, if you choose to stay in the Garden Room of this B and B, be prepared to be part of the family--whether you want to or not. This room is directly underneath the owners kitchen and dining room and when you wake up--when they do--you'll be able to share in the experience of them moving around, making breakfast, talking to each other, answering the phone and generally getting their day started. You will also be privy to private conversations while the owners sit on the top of the stairs right outside of your room and talk to their friends. You COULD make yourself a cup of coffee and get your day started, too, but there aren't any coffee makers in the rooms!!! The owners say "there are coffee shops half a block away" which is true, but who wants to walk down there in your PJs? Even the cheapest of Motels 6s have coffee available in the rooms and I can't imagine this over sight. I'd rather have coffee available than a complimentary bottle of Two Buck Chuck wine in the dreadfully noisy mini frig that had to be unplugged to get a good night sleep.
If you are planning on staying here and have a little time to do so you might want to get yourself a copy of the (free) public transportation schedule by emailing [--]. While this could be really, really helpful to have available in the rooms they are not. My husband and I stumbled around the first couple of days, asking strangers at the bus stops, how to get where we wanted to go. If these maps were in the rooms it sure would be helpful. Also, do your homework as far as parking garages go--they vary from $45 a day to $10 a day. This is another thing that you are on your own about. These little things would make this place soooo much better! Granted, the owners aren't tour guides but they have the knowledge of the city and really should share it. I would recommend this hotel to friends, but I'd warn them first.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
8  Thank sleepydog
Reviewed 15 August 2009

September 08 my husband my sister and I stayed at the Artists Inn for a week. We had the garden room which was brilliant for the three of us as there were 2 bedrooms and sufficient space to spread out and relax in. We loved it here. It had a genuine homely feel which was great at the end of a full day sightseeing. The beds were comfortable with the most luxurious pillows and the hosts provide a great array of books to choose from. It was important to us to be able to make a cup of tea in our room and we especially appreciated the complimentary bottles of wine left in the fridge daily. Our one regret was that we were too busy taking in the sights of the city and surrounding areas to really enjoy time in the lovely courtyard garden. The location is brilliant-easy walking distance to restaurants and attractions, and it felt very safe walking around at night. This is a great place to stay and we would certainly stay there again. We would also happily recommend Artists Inn to others as an excellent choice when looking for accommodation in Sanfransisco. Thanks for a lovely time,
Angie, Roger and Trish Blenheim/ Taupo NZ

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank AngeNewZealand
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My 8 year old daughter and I stayed in the Garden Room for 4 nights in July 2009. It was our last stop before heading home to Sydney after a busy 6 week trip. I paid a little extra to use the loft (another bed seperated from the garden room). Was worth every cent. we were so comfortable and cosy. Plus my daughter loved having her own space and tv.

The Artist's Inn has a special quality that I can't describe. I felt so content, happy and safe here. The Inn is located just a few doors away from Fillmore Street. Lots of great cafes, shops etc. Its a quiet and safe area. We only got a taxi twice - rest of the time we got around on the street cars, cable or buses - too easy. Never waited more than a couple of minutes.

Denise and Bill are incredibly gracious, thoughtful and generous hosts. The B&B is staggeringly beautiful. There is a charm and attention to detail that can only be truly appreciated when you visit. Even if you don't use it the garden area is blissful and is a real oasis. There is a side entrance to all the rooms so you don't need to enter through the house. I did cause I enjoyed chatting with Denise and Bill.

The room we stayed in was below their living area. I didn't mind the house noises from above - it was strangely comforting for me. If you are a couple you may prefer one of the other rooms that is seperate from the main house. They let us check in when we arrived (10am). This made a huge difference to our day. And our flight back to Sydney was late at night and there was no problem checking out late. They also let my daughter use their computer - very kind!

The beds and linen were so comfy and there was a huge library of books to browse. We slept so well. We arrived super tired after roaming NYC and Disneyland. We left super rested and content.

They don't serve breakfast but its a one minute walk to any number of cafes.

I will be back here in a heart beat. Lets keep this a secret so don't go telling everyone about this!!!

• Stayed: July 2009