US$258
US$236
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
US$219
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
The Park Central San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$190
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$224
US$215
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$259
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$244
US$229
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$297/night.

US$246
US$233
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$332
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$289
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$284
  • Room Service
1,668 results
All reviewsunion squaremarriott propertiesgeary streetnice boutique hoteltenderloin districthomeless peoplefew blockscorner roomhotel barbreakfast roomfree coffeefront desk staffvalet parkinggreat roomceiling fanstreet noiselobby
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This is a boutique hotel in a historic building. The lobby is compact, neat & modern. There's a lobby bar (Morton's) that is very good. Free coffee & tea in the lobby. The rooms are comfortable some with views over the city. This was my second 3 day stay here & I will come back next time i'm in SF too.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I wanted to love this hotel. It's in a funky neighborhood just on the edge of the scary tenderloin neighborhood but convenient to Union Square. So many sights were within walking distance. Being an Autograph hotel it has a wonderful, historic vibe and has great architecture. But then there was the service...terrible service.

It started out great! We arrived around noon. Matthew was wonderful, explained our room wasn't ready yet (completely understand, check in is at 3), helped take our bags, got a high floor room in process for us, and he pointed us to the Honey Honey for desperately needed food. Fantastic! We ate and wandered a little before the call came that our room was ready.

The room was lovely! Comfy bed, nice bathroom...good stuff! What I didn't know was there was something missing.

Unbeknownst to me, my sister had 'arranged' with the hotel to have a bottle of champagne in our room on arrival since I was celebrating my 50th birthday on this trip. It wasn't there. In a panic, my husband made up an excuse and rushed downstairs. He was assured the champagne would arrive that evening while we were on the Alcatraz Night Tour.

As part of good security practices, when we went in the tour, I left on a light, the TV, and put out the 'privacy please' sign.

When we returned the TV was off (someone had obviously been in our room, the TV didn't have a timer option, we checked) but there was still no champagne. The husband rushed downstairs yet again. Oops, there was a communication error. They promised the next day.

Sunday arrives, we are out the whole day...but still no champers. By now my husband and sister are are beside themselves and I'm getting suspicious because he's going to the desk a lot!

Finally as we are getting ready for dinner on our last night in San Francisco, the champers arrives but the note my sister asked to be attached isn't there. No explanation.

No one apologized to my husband, no one called my sister to apologize who spent the better part of 36 hours calling the hotel and no one apologized to me. No one could explain why someone had been in our room and turned off the TV even though we had decline housekeeping in favor of additional hotel points. No one said squat.

In fact, when we checked out the desk person (not Matthew) didn't even ask how our stay was or if enjoyed our stay. He just handed me our receipt.

I've been a loyal Marriott customer. We actually stayed on points. To me, this is inexcusable. The hotel has a full bar in the lobby, the champagne was an average bottle. Mistakes happen, own them, fix them and apologize. Unfortunately no one at the Adiago had the decency to apologize.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Tiffany_Andrade, Director of Operations at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear HaveWineWilTravel,

Thanks so much for sharing your honest feedback on TripAdvisor. We are so honored that you've chosen us as the location to spend your milestone birthday. With that said, we greatly apologize for not providing you with the high-end service and experience that we're known for. There is no excuse for dropping the ball with the pre-ordered amenity that was arranged to make your celebration memorable. We also apologize for not taking ownership of the issue when it occurred. Please contact me at the information below so that we can find a way to rectify this.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. We assure you that we are much better than this and will take this as an opportunity to learn from experience to deliver a better service atmosphere next time.

Hospitably yours,

Tiffany Andrade
Director of Operations
415-775-5000

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The hotel overbooks its rooms as common practice (just like an airline) and walks you to other hotels (of a lower category) as a substitute. I even had to pay for the room at the other hotel and then haggle with their managers to get the amount refunded here. Nightmare experience! Never going back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Firstly booked this hotel purely for the location, it is minutes from Union Square and ten minutes walk from the cable cars. First impressions were really good and the receptionists were very chatty and very helpful. We had two rooms on floor 6 and floor 8. Rooms were large enough but the décor was like a 70s throwback, dark with no celing lights and very grubby looking shagpile carpet which is way past its best. The bathrooms was adequate but the towels were tiny and if you are an average sized person you couldn't wrap them around yourselves, more bath towels than shower sheets. Breakfast room was pretty small but decent enough selection (all table service no buffet). My daughter ordered pancakes, with bananas and cream one morning, the pancakes arrived minus the other things, she had eaten them and even by time asked for bill the cream and bananas hadn't arrived. Staff very apologetic and had already not charged for the item before the bill even presented. Coffee and water in reception area which you can help yourself too. If going to use cable cars be there before 8 or else you'll be waiting good hour. We also used uber to go everywhere it was very efficient and very inexpensive. Hotel is walking distance to a variety of restaurants and coffee shops. Would stay here again after its refurbishment!

Room Tip: Our room was at end of corridor so no noise, in general though didn't hear any noise from any other room above or below
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear 2468sunshine,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review in regards to your recent stay at the Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection. We greatly appreciate your feedback and honesty.

We apologize if you did not find our hotel to meet your expectations. As an Autograph Collection, we really pride ourselves in being a historical gem located in a coveted location like Union Square and our bustling and thriving Theater District in San Francisco where our décor and the like separates us from the rest. The relative departments have been informed where we fell short for your stay and are doing what we need to fix them accordingly.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Francisco.

Warmest regards,

Anthony
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We ate an early evening meal here, the waiters were friendly and fun, they have a happy hour on snacks making the prices almost bearable, our meals came out separately, nice pizzas and buffalo wings but the pasta was a greasy mess and not to be recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family