US$327
US$279
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$287
US$268
US$242
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$329
US$249
  • Restaurant
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$233
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
US$279
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$209
  • Restaurant
The Herbert Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$259
The Park Central San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$193
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

1,665 results
All reviewsunion squaremarriott propertiesgeary streetnice boutique hoteltenderloin districthomeless peoplefew blockscorner roomhotel barbreakfast roomfree coffeefront desk staffvalet parkinggreat roomceiling fanstreet noiselobby
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

After a long day of work then travel, my wife and I headed to SF for a first time stay at the Adagio. I knew we would be a late arrival so I checked in on my mobile app earlier in the day and notified them of our late arrival. I even received an email late in the day from the duty manager in the early evening welcoming us and wanting to know if there was anything he could do. Nice I thought. Upon arrival, we are checked in and realizing that we are from Arizona the receptionist goes off on how bad the Cardinals football team is, and how her football team (won't mention) is better. Odd I thought, great to be a fan, I'm one, but no need to shove it in a guests face. She went on to say as a elite member she upgraded our room. Nice I thought again. She briefly showed us the lobby area took us to elevator briefly said our room number out loud and sent us on our way. We get to the floor, looked at the room key jacket and no room number written on it. I have to go back down to see her again and show her the key jacket after saying that she did write it down. Only then did she apologize, write it down. I went back up to room, walk in to see two queen beds. Our "guaranteed" reservation was for a king. I go back downstairs to ask for my room with a king. She states that she doesn't have one for us. I ask for the duty manager, Ben, the same person that emailed asking if there was anything he could do. Basically anything l said fell on deaf ears. There is no explanation as how a guaranteed room is not available for me other than they gave it away. I know I am at the low end of elite status with Marriott but this is supposed to be one of their "Collection" properties so this is unexpected and not warranted. The duty manager offered nothing in compensation to try and make the situation better. I basically had to plead for something from the bar/restaurant area for the 3 of us to try and relax. He finally relented and offered us some vouchers. The only plus was Christopher at the bar realized what went on. He went out of his way to make us feel welcome and enjoy a complementary beverage. Thanks to Chris for stepping up and making the situation better. For an Autograph Collection property that's main function is to excel in the service industry, this property fell well short of that goal. #YHOJ, you have one job, and fumbled badly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael G
Adelaide P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Michael G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor. We take great pride on our products and services so it is always disappointing when we see we missed the mark. Thanks again for sharing your experience. We assure you that we are much better than this and will take this as an opportunity to learn from experience to deliver a better service atmosphere next time.

Hospitably yours,

Adelaide Pope
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for just one night but it was a great little spot with an extremely friendly and professional staff. We had a perfect little dinner of appetizers in the lively bar, and a great cocktail too! Breakfast in the Green Room can't be beat for taste and convenience. Highly recommend this clean, lovely hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Nice boutique hotel at the edge of the Union Square area. The neighborhood is "in transition" with a few edgy places nearby.

The lobby and bar area are brand new. Very nicely done. The rooms are bigger than the normal for SF hotels. Air conditioning was able to keep up with the very hot weather.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

For those of you wondering about the location of this hotel, I suggest you do your research before booking. We didn't and were more than unpleasantly surprised. The Marriott website claims that this hotel is "steps from Union Square." While technically true, what they don't tell you is that "steps" in the other direction will literally plop you into the heart of The Tenderloin District. The name sounds sort of cute, no? I thought, how bad could it be? It is BAD. So so so bad. I'm from Chicago and have traveled the world, so I'm no stranger to big cities and their inevitable issues. However, this was so far beyond the pale, that if it wouldn't have been so sad, it would have been comical.

When we checked in around 2:00 pm, we asked the front desk staff for recommendations for lunch places. They handed us a printout with several restaurants on it. We picked a "famous" brunch/lunch diner called Dotties. The front desk staff informed us that it was an easy walk...only a few blocks away. What they didn't tell us was that the walk would be littered with garbage, feces and urine, and homeless people. Those that we didn't have to step over (because they were splayed on the sidewalks) made sure to yell various random profanities and nonsensical gibberish at our group. The smell of the entire area was enough to quell our hunger, so when we finally made it to Dotties (which was actually cute with decent food) we weren't particularly hungry. After we had eaten, we summoned an Uber driver to pick us up because we had no desire to walk through the obviously dangerous and unsavory neighborhood again. Why The Hotel Adagio would willingly send its patrons there on foot is beyond me.

As for the hotel itself, the website photographer must be a magician. The photos online make the place look bright, clean, and trendy. It is none of those things. Rather, it's dank, dingy, and not particularly appealing aesthetically. I've attached photos of our room showing its condition including stained carpet and bedding, banged up furniture, peeling paint, dirty vanities, and water damaged ceilings.

If you are a Marriott Rewards member, do not expect any valuable perks. My husband is Platinum, and this was by far the least recognition we have received in years of Marriott brand loyalty. While checking in, the front desk staff simply said, "I see that you are Platinum. Would you like points or a breakfast voucher?" There was no thank you, no mention of an upgrade (although I did specifically ask about one towards the end of the check-in process, and he supposedly placed us in an upgraded/larger room...but I will let my photos speak for themselves on that end), and no Platinum arrival gift/offer.

Incidentally, we chose the breakfast voucher, and it was awful. The breakfast area is shoved into a tiny back room, and as soon as you walk over to be seated, they ask if you have a breakfast voucher or are paying out of pocket. At the mention of the voucher, it was all the server could do not to roll her eyes. She handed us a pared down menu, which consisted of significantly less items than the regular paid breakfast offerings, and moved along to the next table. When we finally ordered our food, we wished we hadn't. I'm not sure how it's possible to screw up eggs, bacon, and potatoes, but the plates of food that arrived were bland, off-tasting, and just generally unappetizing. Tip...go for the points...even a small offer of points is worth more than the breakfast that they serve to Rewards Members.

Finally, it has been well over ten days since we checked out of the hotel, and our Marriott Rewards account has still not been credited with the points or stay. No doubt I will have to waste my time dealing with that issue as well with corporate since the Hotel Adagio has made it clear that they really aren't/shouldn't be a true Marriott property and don't value those who are brand loyal.

If we visit San Francisco again, we will not stay at this hotel, and we certainly wouldn't recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gem092011
Ben P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear gem092011,

Thank you for staying with us at the Adagio Hotel in San Francisco and for taking the time to write a review through Trip Advisor . On behalf of our team I would like to extend my deepest apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure that our guests enjoy the property and the surrounding area to the fullest. I will personally look into the list of local restaurants that we pass out at the front desk. The majority of them are tried and true by our staff and previous guests.
In regards to the breakfast, I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with it. Quality of stay and quality of food is something that we hold in the highest regard. We certainly hope that you give us another opportunity in the future. I will see to it personally that your stay exceeds your expectations.

Best regards,
Ben Parker
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Slept soundly in a city that is always busy and noisy. Rooms were well maintained and decent size for the city. Breakfast environment was a bit closterphobic but lots of choices in the city so wouldn't bother with the higher rate with breakfast included. Great central location and the staff were excellent. Not exactly ideal for kids but ours were older so it was fine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family