Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$287
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$279
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
US$269
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$305
US$237
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Restaurant
The Herbert Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$259
The Park Central San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$193
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$224
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$308/night.

US$330
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshaight ashburygolden gate parkno elevatordivisadero streetalamo squarebuena vista parkpainted ladiesgreat neighborhoodceiling fanrooms are smallbody washpublic transportrestaurants and barssafe neighborhoodpriced hotelbus linesqueen bed
Reviewed 9 May 2012

When I come to SF, i don't like to stay in the Union Square/Downtown area, I just don't like the area and it's way to close to the dumpy Tenderloin. So i decided to search a place that is off the beaten path and found Hotel Metro.
I loved this hotel. We got the largest room which was around the corner from the actual hotel and it felt like we had our own apartment in a great neighborhood of San Francisco. The room was really clean and very spacious. This hotel is in great walking distance to a lot of great bars and the N Line is a few blocks away so getting anywhere around the city is pretty easy. I am going to definitely consider the place again in my next visit to San Francisco.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We just spend one night at the Metro Hotel but we really enjoyed the location and: what a reasonable price!! We also found a free parkinglot just round the corner, awesome.
Ther room was so bright and very comfortable, I liked the fact that the bathroom was splitted, so we had the basin in the bedroom. I would immediatly come back to this place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leila L
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Love this hotel and it will definitely be my go-to in San Francisco. One because the staff was awesome, but also because it was clean and is a fantastic location. Can you say Toronado 3 blocks away? The location is great with lots of restaurants and shopping at your doorstep, what more could you want? The price is also very affordable, okay, so there's that! The room was a very odd shape, but it had two beds and they gave me a air bed for our third. The bathroom was huge as well. As people have noted, this definitely isn't a cookie-cutter hotel; I'm sure every room is unique.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Kreskin2207
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The good news: great neighborhood, easy transit access to all of SFO, front desk folks super helpful and cheery. Not so great news: no bathtubs, little to no heat, no closets, tiny rooms. After 3 nights in street-front room, they moved me to the studio apartment and it was too musty, dusty, smelly, with no screens on windows. So I moved to a downtown hotel for my last 2 nights for allergy relief. Would stay here again in one of the street-front rooms. The hotel and the area ROCK.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street are noisy, but larger and the windows open. Take earplugs and a sleep mask to block out ambient light. Avoid the studio apartment room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Lucy Beale P
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I scheduled my stay at the Metro for the birth of my first grandchild and they totally worked with me on the dates since we didn’t know exactly when I would arrive or leave. That was just a foretaste of how nice Shana, Ellen and Monte would be as my hosts. (Thank you Shana for the gluten-free treats!) As a woman traveling alone, I felt totally comfortable and at home during my nine-day stay. I also found it easy to take the bus (Divisidero St. is a main bus line) to and from California Pacific Medical Center, and felt perfectly safe walking back and forth to my son’s apartment eight blocks away, even in the evening. I was also able to find anything I needed in nearby shops and restaurants. The room and bathroom were very clean; shower water plentiful and hot.

A pleasant bonus was the hotel courtyard in back with cedar chairs, tables, and benches – great place to eat a take-out meal – and lovely plantings and flowers. I was able to do my Tai Chi out there in the mornings.

My inside room was quiet except for some noise from the restaurant next door until maybe 10 or 11 pm. I used a “White Noise” app on my phone which took care of that. Because the rates are so reasonable, I had no problem with the small room size and lack of extras. When I just called them to book my next visit, I was told that since my Dec. 2011 visit the hotel has all new paint, carpet and furniture!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family