“want more”

Brandy Ho's Hunan Food
Reserve with OpenTable
Brandy Ho's Hunan Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 6,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Cross street: Pacific Ave.
Transit: No. 15 bus stop
Reviewed 19 April 2018

we had five people in our party...the service was fast and she was ready to take our orders.. we order a lot of different plates of food and all of it was wonderful!! the veggies still crunch. The fried foods were rocking it.. They must of used fresh oil because everything we ordered was really GREAT! the foods were not dripping in oil and sauces wonderful. we had pot stickers, egg rolls, chow mein, spinach salad with bean sprouts, rice and more I can't remember every thing all was yummie...I will go back.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I ate at Brandy Ho’s last week and we were not disappointed. Unlike traditional Chinese, the food was not greasy or overly salty.

The decor is simple and you could quite easily walk past this little gem but the food speaks for itself with flavours rivalling that of the famous Buddakan in NYC. Serving sizes are generous and the dishes are best shared.

Wait staff were friendly, efficient and knowledgeable of the menu and prices were more than reasonable (including a bottle of wine and tip; we walked away only paying $30pp).

Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I often visit this place when I’m in San Fran for spicy food. Today I had very good mapo tofu- too much to finish. The fried dumplings were a bit so so

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is not fancy but has the best Hunan food in San Francisco. The food can be incredibly spicy so you might ask them to ease up on the spiceness

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We chose Brandy Ho’s for nostalgia purposes. My partner had visited in the mid-80s and a time that he was living in San Francisco. He remembered it as an excellent food, creative, and fun atmosphere place. When we arrived it felt used in tired at best. Although the restaurant was virtually empty without her in and rest from the time we entered. The food was average in the drinks were poor. This is one that I would not recommend him try to find the next one down the street.