“Best bakery in SF”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I go here every week for breakfast or for bread. Having lived in France, now I really miss genuine croissant and pain au chocolat. Well, I used to until I discovered this spot. Highly recommended for all city visitors!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

So many desserts and pastries to choose from. The morning bun did not disappoint. There were some amazing looking sandwiches coming out of the kitchen as well. I could tell that there were a handful of locals that dined here. I noticed several patrons looked as if their pastry and hot coffee were a morning ritual with their paper in hand. It was as if the crowd did not phase them.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Be prepared to queue. But be patient, it's definitely worth it. This bakery had some of the best croissants I've ever eaten. The morning bun and the savoury scone were also incredible.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

At the recommendation of a trusted pastry chef I stopped in for a treat. I was not disappointed the coffee was a rich and tasty as the treats.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We strolled in on a hot Tuesday after the Labor Day holiday. Unfortunately the bakery's power failed on the long weekend and all refrigerated stock had been discarded, with only freshly-baked products available

We enjoyed a prosecco [$9] and Against the Grain Sho'nuf [$8] then tried a frangipane tart [$6.75] with our second round of drinks at an outside table. The tart was crisp with a tasty filling and decorations - a good snack to keep us going until dinner