“Fresh seafood but doesn’t comes cheap”
Review of Swan Oyster Depot

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The carb back was amazing and we ordered 12 oysters at first n added another 6. The thing about US oysters are that they are pretty small and hence you can eat lots of it. Overall we enjoy this place a lot. The service staff is attentive and friendly.

We went at about 3.30 and waited an hour. Was told that we have to be seated by 4.45 if not we have to order takeaway.

Total cost is 187 with 2 beers n 3 wines for 2 of us.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

A must go for me and well worth the wait . Fresh seafood of a wide selection . Oysters freshly shucked must have. The fresh crab back with a glass of tattinger goes so well. Service was attentive and friendly. More of a eat and go given the queue behind, but - enjoy, close your eyes with the food and enjoy the moment .

Reviewed 1 January 2018

The experienced staff working there will take you on an imaginary trip to the cost, and let you taste the fishiest and tasty food ever, I didn't want to leave but I could eat more

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My first time at Swan Oyster Depot in 2011, we got super lucky, did not have to wait, and was able to have delicious uni as well as dungeness crab cocktail and the body. My favorites! Oysters are always fresh as well, so definitely a must try. I was a bit disappointed on my trip there this December though... Not only was there no uni, but there was no crabs at all... and we waited in line for 2 hours. What the heck??? They should have said something to people waiting in line. Crab is in almost all menu items there, and without it, I had a hard time trying to find something to eat. We ended up having the oysters, a small sashimi plate, and smoked salmon. All good, all fresh... but I didn't need to spend 2 hours in line for that... I was super disappointed. Overrated unless you can have the crab/uni.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We waited in line for almost one hour. After this time a waiter screamed to us: „It‘s not gonna happen today!“ Nobody came to us during the waiting time to tell us that they were not going to serve more guests. Seating only happens until ca. 16:30, but there is no information about it anywhere.

Other than that, the place was dirty and waiters that had money in their hands did not clean them before preparing food.

Hence, I cannot recommend it at all.