“Filled a hole. ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Pacific Heights
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Very basic place really. Food was alright think a little bit on the expensive side for what you get. Orange juice is a must can’t complain about that. Reminded me slightly of a Starbucks the way you order. Decor was alright.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

After 12 days of exploring the City, which is GREAT, we were walking up Filmore towards Pacific Heights when we noticed this "pub" and decided to drop in on the way back later for some supper.
A Result!
Great atmosphere, really good staff, excellent food (short ribs) and a great choice of beers ticked all the boxes; we stayed for a quite a long time enjoying the music (Tom Petty) and the bar.
Liked it so much we returned the next morning for breakfast - have the Breakfast Burrito if you can, it provided fuel for the entire day. Can't recommend this place highly enough though heaven only knows when the staff sleep as it seems to be open from early morning to, well, early morning.....

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

This is a popular restaurant on the sunny side of Fillmore St.

It serves all day breakfast, salads and sandwiches including beers and cocktails.

One must first place orders then take a no. and wait for food being served.

The staff is attentive and friendly.

The food we sampled tasted good,
a bit casual or rough around the edges which fits the decor and ambience.

It is a pleasant place to have breakfast, brunch or lunch.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We had breakfast at the Grove and ordered granola and paid extra to have almond milk as I have an intolerance to diary. However, it arrived down with no almond milk and the waiter walked! I had to get up and find a waiter to tell them to bring our milk down for our dry granola. He told me they didn’t have any almond milk! I told him I was dairy intolerant and would not have ordered it if I had been told they didn’t have any and we also paid extra for it. To my horror he said he couldn’t do anything about it, after much protest from me he told me he would go get me some in the shop but it would be 30mins wait!!! I ended up going next door and buying my own almond milk and returning 5 mins later, not 30 mins. It turned out he was the manager! I still cannot believe he let a customer who paid for almond milk and breakfast leave and have to get it themselves with about 5 young people working and just standing around. Only for it was late and we were so hungry we would have left. I will not return, customer service is non existent at this establishment

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Enjoyed a delicious and filling breakfast here. The breakfast sandwich was a perfect blend of fluffy egg, bacon, cheese, and arugula served on a toasted brioche with hash browns on the side. It was busy but the staff was very friendly and attentive. Order and pay at the counter, find a seat and settle in for a pleasant experience.