“Asian fusion gem outside the bustle”
Review of Betelnut Pejiu Wu - CLOSED

Betelnut Pejiu Wu
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Cross street: Buchannan Street
Reviewed 24 September 2015

Had dinner here with friends. Food is served more of a family style where the staff recommends 1 to 1 1/2 plates per person. It was kind of like Asian tapas with everyone having a little bite of each dish. I've never really found short ribs to be my favorite but the way these were prepared were extremely tender, meaty and not fatty at all. The lettuce cups are very good, as are the chicken dumplings.

Happy hour bar service was great - the Basil Gimlet is absolutely delicious and the bartender is very helpful and friendly. Service in the restaurant was good to start off, then it took a second request to order a second cocktail.

I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

This restaurant has a nice vibe and the food is ok, but there were a couple of details that ruined the experience. first the waiter had that attitude of making us wait for a table although it was empty and with no reservation. after having a couple of drinks at the bar finally we got the empty table. then the pork spring rolls had some pieces of "bad meat" with bone/cartilage which is always awful. Other than that is was ok.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

My family has been coming for years and love this place. The food is always on point and they make great cocktails too, my mom loves their bloody mary's. You also can't beat their $1 a oyster happy hour that starts at 4pm.

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

My family enjoyed our meal. The choices were authentic, fresh and tasty. Good service and atmosphere. Coconut dessert amazing.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

This was a great find recommended by an American lady we chatted to at lunch in sarisoto! The location was close to our hotel and we had to catch a cab but so worth it! My husband and and I had the dumplings followed by the laksa and a broccoli and beef dish. Fabulous!