“A traditional San Francisco neighborhood Italian restaurant”
Review of Via Veneto

Via Veneto
Ranked #804 of 6,297 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pacific Heights
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This place was recommended to us by a local. It was outstanding. The Neapolitan proprietor waited on us, personally, and told us of entrees available in addition to the menu. Everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned. My lamb chops were perfectly cooked and accompanied by seasonable vegetables. Wine list was carefully chosen and good value - not always true in San Francisco.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

When we lived in SF in the 90’s and early 2000’s we had but a 5 block walk to be greeted by Massimo like we were family. Coming back now for a seminar and visit with family it was like I never left. To watch Massimo and Carlos work the tables is like a symphony. I order the cacciucco, enjoy the calimari and shrimp frite and bruschetta and let Massimo pick the wine. The food is fresh, hot and well prepared. My older two kids are half Italian and sense the cultural welcome of “come, sit, eat and enjoy.” Cannot say enough good. Massimo you have once again been home away from home and I thank you.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

A real home run! We discovered this place yesterday, and realized, looking at the menu, it had the lowest pasta prices of any good Italian restaurant in San Francisco. I compare it to great restaurants in North Beach. The revive was impeccable: there was no rush, and we totally enjoyed the homemade pasta.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Good atmosphere
Service-minded and sweet staff
Really delicious italian food
Gluten free pasta, too
I have many allergies and they tackled it very well
A MUST TRY

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Step into Italy when you enter the door of this fine Italian restaurant. The food was amazing. The pastas were suberb. I had the chicken and spinach and another in our party had the Cacciucco. All of our entrees were amazing! Great wine list -- and very warm welcome. When it was time to leave, the owner run into the street to get us a cab. Love this restaurant!