“Good but overpriced”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I came here because my family members highly recommended this restaurant. It opens at 5:30 pm and fills up quickly so you have to go early to find parking and get a seat. It was good but i felt that it didn’t live up to the hype that I expected. I had the rigatoni and while it was tasty, it was a dish I could have made at home.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Why did we wait so long to try out this West Portal gem? Because we loved Cafe for All Seasons and wanted to preserve the memories of many celebrations there until it shuttered and reincarnated as another Italian restaurant.

Finally we surrendered to friends’ rave reviews and chose to have a birthday dinner there. Much to our satisfaction, because Trattoria da Vittorio turned out to have the perfect balance of good food, great service and warm atmosphere.

From our call for reservations for our party of 10 that included 2 toddlers, to the time we traded arriverderci, we got attentive service that was not pushy or put-on. Even when the place got packed that Tuesday night, our server, ensured that each member of our party felt special, our orders came fast, and our table was always tidied up.

The birthday boy had the Osso Buco special with polenta. It was tender and flavorful but needed a bit more salt, after he started with scrumptious Brussels sprouts with pancetta and then Spaghetti Carbonara.

My grilled Branzino came in 2 fillets atop asparagus and mashed potatoes - delicious.

The pastas and pizzas were a hit with our multigenerational group, especially the Uovo (topped with eggs, pancetta, wild mushroom and buffalo mozzarella) and the Scialatielli Pescatora (seafood in tomato sauce).

Who comps a birthday treat anymore? Vittorio gifted us with lovely Tiramisu, that we enjoyed along with the Creme Brûlée Cheesecake and Peach Sorbet.

We brought a bottle of Cava and ordered a bottle of Super Toscan Frescobaldi. (They don’t waive corkage if you order a bottle.)

Our tab was $521 (before tip), a super deal for 8 hungry adults and 2 tots.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

My wife and I decided on Da Vottorio for a Monday evening dinner. I was raised in this neighborhood and found the clientele to be locals with a just a few apparent visitors. The service was excellent except for the strong breath of the waiter. Seating was quick and we were not rushed through the meal in any way. This restaurant only services beer & wine - no alcohol. The food was fresh and of good quality but a bit shy on taste. All in all a good experience and atmosphere. The food is above average but does not reach "very good".
The staff did accommodate two groups of 12 without much trouble though I think that they had made reservations in advance.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Dog friendly with only a few outdoor tables. Everything overall is good. The meatballs were a bit too lean for me but the flavor was good. We both like how thin the pizza crust was, reminds us of NY pizza. But the middle part was a bit soggy. We got chocolate souffle but it was more like a chocolate lava cake, which we didn't mind, it was good, not too sweet.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Ahhhh, Steak, shake, steak..food was really good..Taco steakburger salad was shakingly good, the ground beef was flavorful on top of fresh lettuce, diced tomatoes & with Ranch dressing pair witb rootbeer float, hit the spot. My husband & my grandson had the original double n cheese burgers with crispy fries. my daughter had bacon steak burgers..to top it all they gave my grandson double sundae for his bday dessert...what a nice way to celebrate a teenage bday celebrant.