“Give it a miss its prices are ridiculous”
Review of Mikkeller Bar

Mikkeller Bar
Ranked #198 of 5,981 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had seen reviews for here so wanted to pop in for a beer before heading back to our hotel. Make sure that when you look at the menu you also check out the size of the beer you are getting.. we ended up with two of their ales a Cherry one and a Raspberry at $16 each only to find when we got them they were tiny 20cl's... Can't believe how much that cost us I felt totally ripped off and the beers actually were pretty horrible..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been wanting to go to a Mikkeller Bar since I learned about it in Thailand (we never made it to the Mikkeller in that location) so I was really excited to come here because my name is Mikkel:)

Great location, FANTASTIC selection of beers, and most of the service was awesome. I couldn't tell if our server was at the end of his shift or just uninterested in us, but he was not very helpful when we inquired about the company and their other locations (he made me feel dumb for asking), and then was not helpful when we had asked for his recommendations (we asked for beers like a pilsner and rather than give us ideas, he just said they have nothing).

That being said, all the other servers were great and luckily we were catching up with our family so it didn't put too much of a damper on our night.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I along with our 17 year old son drove through the incredibly rough neighborhood to find the Mikkeller bar only to be turned away because he wasn’t 21. What was more frustrating was that we had to pay to park about two blocks away.

That lot had five transients in it; two of whom approached us for money. We then had to avoid eye contact with everyone on our way to the bar.

Right by the bar is a methadone clinic where they line up. Around the corner is the Drug Users Union. (!!) I kid you not, SF has a union for drug users, and it’s right here.

We got out of there as fast as we could. If you aren’t deterred by Skid Row, just make sure you don’t bring a minor.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Going for food? Ok. Going for beer? Excellent. Some pretty rare stuff in bottles and on tap. Had a few varieties of Prairie Bomb! on tap, they also have Cantillon on occasion. Plus, many others. Would go again...

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Went here because of the good reviews on TA. We had the enchiladas and the mac&cheese, both very good, they don’t have a big menu but in my opinion that’s good, you know everything is freshly made.