“Depends what you want out of an evening”
Review of Teatro ZinZanni - CLOSED

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We visited Teatro ZinZanni just last night with a party of coworkers from the office.
I'll list my impressions and thoughts:
1) the concept is you are seated in the middle of the show. area as most of the performances are held in the center of a round room. For those pieces, pretty much everyone has a view. The issue is for the portions that are held on stage. There were many people in the audience who were seated with their backs to the stage, making it pretty much impossible to see.
2) The dinner is served in the middle of the show. Personally, I find this distracting. It's hard to enjoy the food while there's a performance going on, especially one that is as lively as some of the acts here. I would have preferred a dinner, then the show.
3) I didn't particularly enjoy the food. They served a spinach and lemon soup which was sour, a salad, a main course (I had chicken which was not particularly memorable) and a dessert. I've had much better food elsewhere, and like I said above, it was hard to get into the meal when a performance that demands attention is underway.
4) The performances were well done. Some of it was "let's single out someone in the audience and make them feel uncomfortable" but the majority was well executed and quite fun to watch.

I did not pay for this so I can't comment on the value for the price. Many in our party really enjoyed this as a very unique way to spend an evening. I can certainly see that as it's quite a bit different from "dinner and a movie". Again, my personal preferences would have been to separate the eating part from the performance part so I could focus on, and enjoy, both.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

This was a new show and dinner for me. The food was a little different for me but great tasting. Drinks were amazing and the overall performance was just (I can't even put in words how great it was) would love to go back there

1  Thank Kdog0990
Reviewed 8 August 2011

A fun evening that brings together good food & great entertainment in a very cool "cirque-like" venue. An 'outside of the box' evening of entertainment that respects your wallet and keeps you smiling all night long.

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Show was terrific, food was great too. Portions maybe a bit small, but there were 5 courses so...
If you don't want to participate in the show, pick a table on the periphery of the room. RIngside tables get picked a lot. My husband was chosen once and my son twice. These performers have a lot of talent. Amazing.

Get reservations well ahead (I think 6 weeks is as far ahead as they go).

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Lots of fun. Good variety of acts. Very interactive. Food was pretty good. Pricey but worth it!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook