“Lively place with great food.”
Review of The Irish Bank

The Irish Bank
Ranked #376 of 5,921 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great meal and great fun at The Irish Bank. We sat outside which is the place to be. Super busy for a Thursday. Tables are first come first serve. I had the bratwurst. Flavorful. I highly recommend The Irish bank.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am Irish and when I tried to go in I was refused entry because I didn't have a "valid ID". I showed my Age Card (which is issued by the police in Ireland), and when that was declined I also showed a Public Health card (issued by state) and a student ID (issued by national university) and still I was told no, even though all of them clearly stated my age (24, by the way). I was told I needed either a driver's license (which I don't have) or a passport (which I of course wasn't carrying around San Francisco with me in case I lost it). Also, I was arriving from work at 7pm in the evening - this wasn't a 1am occurrence or anything. Felt very unwelcome and would never want to go there again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

San Francisco has so many options for food. We wanted to stay in a particular area and pay a reasonable price. This pub fit the bill. The food was varied and very good. It was JUMPING when we were there, some happy hour company groups (we thought) who were having a VERY happy time. I can see why this pub is popular.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Live Irish bands during the day; energetic DJ at night. Good crowd control and security, pleasant staff, continuous clean up. Overall a great Block Party!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the atmosphere! Great beer selection. Loved their fish and chips! Bartenders were very friendly and attentive.