“Chow Fun, Pot Stickers and Orange Peel - 10/10”
Review of New Woey Loy Goey

New Woey Loy Goey
Ranked #669 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

It has been 10 years since I've been back and was looking forward to eating here again. It was better than I remember and mi amour said it was the best Chinese she's ever had. Nothing was greasy, chow fun had the right balance of black beans and onions, orange peel chicken had true flavor unlike that General Tso garbage served in pseudo-Chinese restaurants. Pot stickers are served with vinegar so pour some on your plate and add chili pepper oil and flakes and mush it around. You'll be glad you did. Enjoy!

1  Thank Gold44r

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Restaurant doesn't look good from outside, but I had shrimps Kung bao which were the best Chinese food I ever had. Fresh shrimps, fresh vegetables and fresh rice. Food was ready within 10 minutes, despite the fact that it was packed with people. I was skeptical, but if you in china town, this is the place to go to eat.

1  Thank Pitr F
Reviewed 13 August 2016

From the outside this restaurant does not look very special. We were looking for a place that served traditional Peking Duck. My guests were a little skeptical about the food, and ordered lamb as an alternative.. However once the Peking Duck arrived it was devoured by everyone at the table. All in all a wonderful safe, clean, and very enjoyable meal.

One small downside to ordering here -they don't take AMEX. Otherwise, I might give them another star.

All in all a safe bet if you plan to visit Chinatown, SF. And worth a repeat visit.

2  Thank neil102
Reviewed 3 July 2016

This restaurant has the best food in San Francisco, maybe in the whole state of California. The first time I visited this restaurant I'm not even sure they had menus in English. I had sat down at the counter and looked at a wonderful large bowl of soup that a man 2 seats down was eating. It was full of meat and vegetables. I said, I'll have that. Turns out it was a large bowl of War Won ton soup and the man was a taxi driver. He told me this was indeed the best food around. I've been back to San Francisco since and each time I make sure to eat here. Great food, great prices. Don't be afraid to walk down the stairs. The restaurant is bright and clean and has great food.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Family trip to SF for 3 days, wife is Chinese, so we had to visit Chinatown. This was the first restaurant we tried and it was fine. Prices were very reasonable, setting was ok. Wife said that food lacked flavor, but my daughter and I thought it was ok. We checked a number of other restaurants, couldn't match the price for what you get. Came back here for another meal before leaving the city. LOVED the name!!

1  Thank gonglfg