“Excellent customer service!”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Cafe
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Food was excellent but more importantly staff were very friendly and went above and beyond when they found out I was feeling unwell (not due to the food at the cafe!)

They helped to call a cab and also gave me a free tea and ginger to take with me.

My boyfriend forgot to tip as the cab suddenly arrived and he was helping me out but we hope that writing this review will help people to know that the staff here are fantastic!

Thank you.

1  Thank Hayley J

Reviewed 14 August 2016

San Francisco is a city with so much going on, day or night. Restaurants all over the city which serves up a great diverse styles of cuisine.

Surprisingly, near the Fort Mason Center and Marina Blvd., there are very few restaurants within five minutes of walking, unless you are willing to walk almost a mile to get to a plethora of restaurants near Chestnut and Lombard.

But if you are near Fort Mason Center Blvd. and are hungry and you want something nearby (within a five minute or so walk), you have the choice of the vegetarian restaurant Greens, a Round Table Pizza, a Starbucks and Safeway store and then you have Fresh Bay Cafe on Buchanan St.

As mentioned, the walk is not far, especially for us, as we were at Fort Mason Center. As for parking, if you park near the wharf or on Buchanan St. or North Point, parking is not difficult unless a major event is taking place near the area.

The owner of the restaurant is quite welcoming and while the restaurant is small, you can eat indoors and outdoors. The location serves soups, salads, sandwiches and coffee.

The atmosphere was pleasant and smoothing, the place was clean, customer service was fantastic.

Fresh Bay Cafe serves American and Asian cuisine but as I ordered the meatloaf sandwich, I noticed a Vietnamese flair with the sprouts and. And I absolutely enjoyed the dish, along with the potato salad side.

For the most part, I was happy to know there was a restaurant nearby. While I don't mind walking to areas far away, for the moment that I was in the area, I had a one hour break from my duties at Fort Mason Center and had to get back. So, I needed a restaurant nearby and was happy to find Fresh Bay Cafe.

And I look forward to visiting the restaurant again, next time I'm in the area.

3  Thank kndy2099
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Small and delightful cafe. Get a salad, a sandwich, Asian noodles or wonton soup. Four of us had varied tastes and the cafe catered for all :) the owner came out and had a chat, she was lovely. The food tasted wonderfully fresh and the house salad sauce was very tasty!

Reviewed 17 April 2015

We popped into the Fresh Bay for a light dinner before a show at Ft. Mason. Helen tucked us under her wing, sending hot chicken soup and spring rolls our way. Fresh Bay is neat, clean and the food excellent. It's out of the way, but well worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We stopped in after arriving at the marina. We were hungry and ordered a couple of Greek salads. The food arrived quickly and was good. We even had couple deserts that were pretty good. The place is small and homey.