“Local Favorite ”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Neighbourhood: The Richmond
Neighbourhood: The Richmond
Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

When you have a 99 year old Chinese man seated at the table next to you and a 90 year old Chinese woman seated at the table behind you, you know you're in the right place for some great Chinese food! (the 99 year old man's daughter told us that and it was true!) The place was packed with locals who were really enjoying their meals. Our food was fresh, hot and very tasty. The place was a little worn could use a remodel. Our table was wobbly but that didn't detract from the excellent food. We will definitely visit again on our next San Francisco vacation.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We tried a variety of items. They were all very good. I thought the service was very attentive. This was my first experience at an authentic Chinese dim sum style restaurant and I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had an eight course feast of Chinese food hosted by a former classmate. The food never seemed to stop coming with incredible variety.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We ate here at a catered event for a large number of people. I have very mixed feelings about the establishment. We had a fixed menu and several of the dishes were very good. They served chicken that was not cooked all the way through. We had crab but nothing to crack it with. The service was not really attentive. We had to work to get water, extra napkins, etc. The upstairs rest rooms were dirty. With so many other Chinese restaurants in San Francisco, and particularly on Clement Street, I doubt I would want to go back.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We had the most wonderful experience visiting this excellent Seafood Restaurant on a recent trip we had to San Francisco. Tong Palace is a favorite of my good friend and decades long resident of San Francisco. He said if we wanted to eat really good Chinese food, we need to bypass Chinatown (where the tourists eat) and go to Clement Street instead.

He was absolutely right. Each Dim Sum we had brought to us in a gluttonous succession was better than the next. I have never before had such a wonderful variety of Dim Sum in this restaurant that specializes in seafood. My favorite was cut up shrimp rolled in to a ball with a sauce and covered with sticky rice. The whole meal for four of us with tea and dessert was about $65.00. What a deal.

If you love Chinese food and are looking for the finest you can get in San Francisco I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the Tong Palace. It is located on Clement between 10th and 11th Ave. When you are done take a walk down Clement to window shop the other stores and restaurants in the area too.