Hotel Nikko San Francisco
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$399
US$189
  • Room Service
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$183
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$212
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$188
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$239
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$158
US$390
US$309
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$338
US$189
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$239
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$406
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
3,866 results
All reviewsanzu restaurantimperial floorpetite queenimperial clubunion squarehealth clubindoor poolper nightfitness centertenderloinan upgradebusiness centerhomeless peoplemini barcable carmarket streetupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel was beautiful. I stayed for business for 3 nights and 4 days. The rooms were well appointed and the bathroom was very nice. The rooms were cold and it took forever for it to warm up even with the thermostat at 75 degrees. I didn't get a chance to try out the restaurant but the room-service was good. The bar had seasonal drinks and provided us with a good place to chat and hash-out strategies in a lively environment. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. My view had a construction site across from it.
1  Thank emcayman
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at Hotel Nikko. I like the location and service/value are good. The beds are comfortable, but the room we had was not large. The decor is modern and I like it, but the lobby was very noisy this visit. There was live music in the bar, and this echoed down the large tiled lobby, accentuating this effect. This distracted from my zen garden ideal...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Originally from the Bay Area, I know my way around the city and local places to stay. This hotel was a pick based on location and price by my travel coordinator at the place I work.
Bottom line up front: It’s an average hotel, meeting all expectations, but it’s probably more targeted towards the business traveler than couples and families.

Hotel staff was nice and accommodating at the front desk, check in was a breeze.
There are 6 elevators serving 22 floors of rooms and 2 floors of lobby and restaurant. We never had to wait more than 3 min for an elevator to arrive and the hotel was booked solid during our stay.
The 22-24 floor are accessed only via room key in the elevator and come with access to the open lounge area on the 23rd floor. They have a free morning continental breakfast there and free drinks at happy hour times each day, but it is only accessible by guests staying on floor 22-24. Those are the VIP floors and it does come with an obvious increase in cost to the nightly room rate.
Those rooms also come with a free breakfast buffet at the restaurant located on the 2nd floor, which everyone has access to, but only those staying on the 22-24 floor rooms receive it for free.
It’s a great buffet, lots of choices from your typical American breakfast offerings to traditional Japanese noodle and rice breakfast bowls. But it’s expensive. $29.99 was the going rate for those in our group who didn’t get a room on the 22-24 floor. Sure, average for a buffet, but considering Café Mason, which is an awesome place to eat, and Lori’s Diner were located right across the street from the hotel, many of them skipped the buffet and when there where they could dine for under $15 per plate.

Entertainment – there is a small jazz bar/lounge located right off the lobby. It’s a very small venue, so don’t expect any big name people, but it’s intimate and good quality music. It’s usually over before 10pm so no need to worry about noise.
The bar closes at 11pm each week night, no matter how packed it is. I’ve seen bartenders keep places open past closing if it’s packed because they’ll keep making $$. Not here. We were there for a convention and the place was wall to wall packed, standing room only, and they kicked us all out at 10:50pm. Everyone went to a bar across the street, but I see that as a missed business opportunity and it was a real sore spot for many folks who just wanted to keep talking and drinking there.

Location: Easy walk to Moscone Center for conventions, local variety of restaurants, bars, entertainment and Union Square. Powell Bart Station is 5 blocks away and an easy walk if your only luggage is a carry on.

Price: Considering I wasn’t paying for it you can take this part with a grain of salt. Floors 22-24 are the more pricy of the choices and run $250+ per night and they were pretty average. Nothing really stood out that made the room that much better than the lower floors other than the views and the fact it was farther from the street noise, which I never heard from my room.
We did have 2 rooms charges that were not ours on the bill when we checked out. I disputed these charges and they were removed without question. I was really pleased with this because I've stayed at places who put up a fight when certain charges are disputed, but I guarantee you I did not eat those 2 packages of $8 peanuts from the room fridge. I'm allergic.

Overall it was a nice stay, everyone was eager to help out, and it met all expectations for a hotel that seems to have business travelers as their target audience.
When I bring my family back to the Bay Area for a stay we’ll be staying somewhere else, and if it’s just the wife and I there are more romantic places to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 22-24 floor are considered "VIP" but do come with an increased nightly room rate. Easterly facing rooms have a view of the Bay.
1  Thank ThomperYT
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here 3 nights for a conference. The service was excellent and very friendly from the moment we checked in. The housekeeping service was done every day and left the room spotless. I bumped into a couple of housekeepers and they were extremely friendly as well. The decor of the hotel is very elegant but not stuffy and I liked it very much. I had a deluxe Queen room which was incredibly spacious. The bathroom was also quite roomy and had a glass shower as well as a full tub. I also enjoyed the large LCD TV. The bedding is very comfortable and the room had a view of O'Farrell street. Another plus is that it was literally 2 min. to get from the room to the conference center. The elevators were the quietest I have ever been in and were very fast. The hotel is also in a great location right in downtown San Francisco with plenty of great restaurants, bars, and shops within walking distance.

I recommend checking out the Irish House Pub/Restaurant across the street. It has great food/drinks and a great ambiance.

Not hotel related but the taxi situation in San Francisco is terrible. If possible, rent a car or use a service such as Uber. It might be more expensive but you'll save a lot of time and headache.

Highly recommend this hotel and would love to return.

1  Thank sbenus
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Nikko and would definitely stay there again. I felt catered to and pampered from the moment I walked in to the door. The hotel is located in the Union Square neighborhood in San Francisco which is very close to Market Street and shopping in the area! The surrounding streets are busy and teeming with people, however, Hotel Nikko was literally like an escape! You walk in and the sound of a peaceful waterfall greets you immediately. The front desk staff were attentive and pleasant. The layout and decor of the hotel can suit a number of sensibilities from savvy business traveler to sophisticated urban weekender. The room I stayed in was spacious and extremely comfortable. I had to convince myself to get out of bed every morning :-) All in all, you will definitely enjoy your stay at this property. Besides the visual appeal and tranquil environment that is integrated throughout the hotel, the staff really aim to please and the level of service is more than exceptional. This way my first stay at a Hotel Nikko property and I definitely look forward to staying with them again in the future.

1  Thank erbrown22