Comfort Inn by the Bay
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$418
US$323
US$230
US$208
US$224
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$310
US$289
US$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$173
  • Restaurant
Hotel Spero(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$209
  • Room Service
The Herbert Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$119
Agoda.com
1,231 results
All reviewsthe golden gate bridgelombard streetfisherman's wharfvan nessmake your own wafflesbridge viewthe breakfast areafree breakfastwithin walking distanceparking garagetop flooryogurtghirardelli squarehard boiled eggswharf areamin walkfront desk staff
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Really good location for getting to the Wharf and handily placed for the buses to the town centre. I wouldn't reccomend what we did, walk back from downtown, it is too much off a slog. The Hotel is handily placed the breakfast is fine and the staff friendly and attentive. Rooms are ok and clean.
Take a walk down Union Street a couple of blocks down, but be aware nothing seems to open until 10am, 11am and 12am. There are some mid to upmarket chains and some independent retailers. We are fans of the ubiquitous Starbucks (of which there is one) but found a really good coffeee shop near the end where the stores stop that roasts its' own coffee and serves good pastries and sandwiches. If you have time, instead of heading for the touristy Wharf, turn left at the shoreline instead of right and walk over the hill to the old Army Camp. It is a bit of a steep climb but you will be rewarded with a good bookshop (mainly second hand) and a coffee shop and other niche retailers behind a green space. You will have a clear of the Golden Gate. It is on the route the cyclists take from Fisherman's wharf to the bridge.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
COMF_SFO, Manager at Comfort Inn by the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel and location - Thank you also for the suggestions to walk through Fort Mason to a nice coffee shop - We will recommend your travels to our other guests.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed 4 nights for our first visit to San Francisco. We had a room at 10th floor with a fantastic view on the bay and the Golden Gate. We were close of Fisherman's warf (15 min walk).
The circulation is quite heavy on Lombard street (hotel is on the corner of Van Ness and Lombard) and is sometimes noisy even if we were on 10th floor.
Staff was very helpfull to provide infos to help us.
There is only one decent restaurant in front of the hotel (Cafe Lombard), otherwise you have to go to Fisherman's warf if you want to eat.
Rooms are small but decent (we had 2 queen beds for 3 persons) and restroom is even smaller. There is a table and 2 chairs also.
Breakfast goes from 6h30 to 9h30. First morning, we arrived at 9h35 and is was already close. We did not check breakfast time as it is always till 10h00 AM in all the other Comfort Inn, but not here (we had to go to Cafe Lombard in front of the hotel and pay for our breakfast). Other mornings, we were there around 9h00 and at 9h30 exactly, the service remove all the food and services within 5 minutes and we have to leave. You cannot have another coffee or juice, everything is removed and closed.
Parking: there is a small outside parking lot and it cost 26.00$ a day for the car.

Room Tip: Rooms higher will provide a better view on the bay and the Golden Gate and be less noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan256

Thank you for your comments - We hope to see you again on future trips to San Francisco - We appreciate your feedback - We will ask our team to be more patient with clearing of Breakfast - thank you again

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Beautiful hotel, superby room... San Francisco was amazing

• Stayed: November 2011
COMF_SFO, Manager at Comfort Inn by the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for your comments - We hope to see you again soon -

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just stayed here for 5 nights on a family vacation. Our room didn't have a refrigerator or microwave which is pretty standard in most hotels. Also, we wanted to stay in one night and watch a movie and they don't offer any you can purchase through the tv. On the last day I went downstairs to print boarding passes and they couldn't do that either and acted like I was putting them out for asking. I guess I just expected all hotels would offer that simple service. We did have a view of the Golden Gate but the window was so dirty that we couldn't enjoy it. I guess I would rather pay a little more for a nicer hotel with more conveniences.

• Stayed: July 2012
COMF_SFO, Manager at Comfort Inn by the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for your comments - as a result, we are taking steps to ensure a better experience for our guests... Our high rise window washers are scheduled soon, in addition to the installation of our guest business center kiosk - thank you again for your comments

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Throughout your stay, you will be reminded that you are at a budget hotel. The lobby is drab, the elevators are quirky, the rooms are small, and many of the surfaces are stained. Rooms are fine, but no-fills. In my one-bed queen room, I had a dresser, desk, two sitting chairs, and flat-panel TV. There was also a small, open closet. The ice bucket and coffee/tea service are located in the bathroom, which I found a little unpleasant; there was a hair on my coffee tray, which was not surprising giving its location under the hair dryer. The room was basically clean, but the chair upholstery was stained, there was a faint orange splatter on one of the walls, and the bedspread had what appeared to be a cigarette burn. I opted not to spend extra on a bay view, so I looked out upon a building across a small alley, nothing exciting. Then again, it wasn't hideous either, and it was quiet.

The amenities are what you would expect for a hotel in this price range. You get basic cable, free wifi, a hair dryer, an ironing board, and toiletries. There is no on-site food service after breakfast and no gym.

The service at the hotel is minimal. You will be charged for such upgrades as a cot in the room or a bay view. If you ask for extra towels, blankets, etc. you'll be told to come pick them up at the front desk. Though a basic breakfast is offered, do not expect to find plates, cups, or utensils within a half hour of the end of service. The staff also stops busing the tables very early. Food items are promptly put away at 9:30 even if there are crowds waiting in line. When you check in, you also agree to some weird, small charge that you can later have removed upon request. I detest hidden fees like this, and I believe it's likely that the hotel counts on you forgetting about the small print before check-out.

Though the hotel's neighborhood is fine, there was a sketchy quality to the hotel itself that I was not fond of. You will also be asked to write down the names of all of the guests staying in the room when you check in. I'm not sure why this is, but I found it off-putting. When you key into your room, there is an extended, quiet beep after you open the door. It made me wonder if the front desk tracks comings and goings. The rooms and vending areas are also equipped with motion detectors. Maybe pricier hotels just do a better job at camouflaging these things, but I didn't like the vibe they put off.

At the end of the day, I stayed here because I booked a month-long SF trip at the last minute. This hotel was available for nine nights of my stay in mid-July and the rate of $180/night fit my budget.

Room Tip: The rooms with the higest numbers (floor number followed by numbers 11 and up) are closest to the ice machines and soda vending. They are, therefore, noisy. The room numbers ending in 1 or 2 are closest to the elevators and can also be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business