Checking in might be a bit like talking to the Principal's secretary - tip form a single queue and feed to the two reception staff or you will be brow beaten - but the rooms are a good size.
But the best thing is the breakfast. This is no coffee and a Danish breakfast, it is a full- on make-your-own-waffles eat-til-you-waddle breakfast. A great start to the day. It's open 6:30 - 10:30 and I'd advise an early breakfast to ensure you get a table. At 8 it is heaving but at 7 there is plenty of space.
Getting to Fisherman's wharf is easy. Just head all the way down Van Ness till you hit Aquatic Park (way down the bottom) then have a nice stroll along the shoreline till you hit Jefferson and then you can peruse the shops and cafes on your way to the Wharf - chowder is basically good any where.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn® By the Bay is conveniently located off U.S. 101, near Fisherman's Wharf, the San Francisco Marina Yacht Harbor, Fort Mason Center, Union Street and Lombard Street, the World's Crookedest Street. This San Francisco, CA hotel is close to popular attractions, including AT&T Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Chinatown and the San Francisco Civic Center Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Comfort Inn by the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn By The Bay Hotel San Francisco
- Comfort Inn San Francisco
- Comfort Inn Bay San Francisco
- San Francisco Comfort Inn