4,765 results
All reviews the executive lounge coit tower financial district bay view union square ferry building high floor fisherman's wharf an upgrade convenient location few blocks valet parking market street public transportation city concierge alcatraz
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2020

I stayed at this property for a week-long business trip. I have been to San Francisco many times and stayed at different hotels. This one is a typical Hilton property. Originally I was booked at the Hilton Union Square but received a phone call about 2 weeks before my trip stating they were still closed due to Covid; I was rebooked at the Financial District location.
This hotel would likely be a good stay if the amenities were all available. There was just a small snack bar option that sold light refreshments - sandwiches, salads, beer/wine. After a late arrival I grabbed a salad and went to my room. For $14 I would have expected at least fresh lettuce, but it appeared to have been sitting around for some time and I was not able to eat even half of it. The lettuce was soggy, wilted, and brown. I did alert the staff after receiving a text asking how my stay was going. There was a follow-up email and then no further word. Later I got a second email asking if my issue was resolved - it had not been but they did say after that points were added to my Hilton Honors account.

The property has on-site parking in an underground garage. You get a second key card from the desk for entry/exit each day. Elevators go from garage to lobby to room floors. On the second night after coming down to the lobby to pick-up a food delivery I ended up waiting about 15 minutes in line for an elevator (there are 4) because there were so many people checking in and limited capacity to ride.

The room itself was a King size bed with a large window overlooking the bay and Coit Tower. That alone was worth it. There is no mini fridge or microwave in the rooms; there is a small coffee pot but with typical hotel coffee. Nothing special about the room amenities. Although there is a smart tv which was nice to sign in to Netflix at night.

Each morning I walked down to Starbucks, on Clay St. There is another one an extra block away right on Kearney. Beware of homeless on the streets on the dark mornings to Starbucks. I walked alone and did not always feel safe.

This property abuts China Town and there are so many restaurants in any direction. Many had outdoor dining on the curbs set up as well. Traffic to the Bay Bridge was not bad in the mornings and we made it to Treasure Island in 20 minutes or so each day.

Room tip: Bay View - High Floor
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Jaxster1299
Scott Baublitz, Marketing at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback from your stay with us. We appreciate this and will share this with our Executive Team as they use this in an effort to continue to improve our hotel product and service.

I am sorry about the elevator situation, our lack of Food and beverage outlets, and that we do not have a fridge in our rooms.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future when things return to normal.

Reviewed 8 November 2020

The staff at this Hilton was really nice and helpful and everybody seemed to follow COVID guidelines. The parking situation was very convenient and easy. The rooms are for the most part clean but definitely need an update. Overall this was a great stay for the price you pay.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank KCPlaza
Scott Baublitz, Marketing at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate this and use your information in an effort to continue to improve our hotel and guest experience.

We hope that you will come back again and stay with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 November 2020

Front desk failed to instruct how to use room card to operate elevator and how one needs to exit garage before turning in self parking garage card or you can't get out if you turn in at check out first. They were very quickly responsive to providing extra pillows that were requested. Room was comfortable but there was no expected microwave nor minifridge to put in a few items we purchased - something common in lesser motels. Unfortunately restaurant/room service closed due to COVID but fair amount of restaurants within a block.

Room tip: nice ocean view if requested at booking.
Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Andy R

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate this and use your information it in an effort to continue to improve our hotel and guest experience. I am sorry that we do not have microwaves in our rooms and that food and beverage services are not open.

We hope that you will come back again and stay with us in the not too distant future when things return to normal.

Reviewed 4 November 2020

The hotel has a good location and that's why it was my choice you can walk anywhere!

In the case of this hotel, its Front Desk service is the WORST that I have ever had. They are not willing to help you and they answer you in a bad way. Hopefully they can hire people who do want to serve tourists.

Regarding the facilities, they have floors that are undergoing "remodeling" and that look very bad, for example the 5th floor.

Their COVID regulations are well defined, for example: there is no valet parking service, there is no bell boy service, they do not store luggage and in the elevator maximum two people which is fine. Their restaurants or common spaces are closed. Cleaning service is not available but you can change rooms if you wish and your stay is worth it. They seem fine to me

The bad thing is that the bar opens at night to take out and joins the elevator line ¬¬ then goodbye SOCIAL DISTANCE

Room tip: Some rooms you hear a lot of noise, do not give you the 5th floor, it is ugly and under renovation
1  Thank gabrielam305
Scott Baublitz, Marketing at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2020

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am so sorry that our front desk did not provide the service you deserve.

We appreciate the information and will share your rating with our Team as we use this to work to constantly improve our hotel and overall guest service.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the not too distant future when things return to normal.

Reviewed 3 November 2020 via mobile

I’m writing regarding my recent stay at the hilton hotel in th San Francisco financial district. My motorcycle was stolen out of their parking garage. Clearly park at your own risk should be highlighted here, cause no one warned me at how easy it is for strangers to enter their parking garage. This should be known to anyone that plans on staying here.

My stay was for one night, October 31st. I road my motorcycle from Los Angeles to San Francisco. I mostly recently stayed at the nyc hotel on 34th st earlier this year for a few nights and based off of that I decided to do the whole rewards program.
But after my bike being stolen out of their parking garage and the treatment from the hotel management, there is no chance i stay at another one.
I went to the garage to get my motorcycle and to take it out so i could complete my check out. Once i got there i noticed it was gone. I went to the hotel desk, was directed to security, i explained that its gone, where it was located, etc.

They took that information and went about the search. I was obviously upset it had gotten stolen. I was not screaming or cursing. But obviously upset it got stolen. You would think for a big chain hotel and known location their security would be better. But it clearly was not.
I told the staff i was suppose to check out and return home.
All they were offering me was to extend my check out till 5pm. That’s the best they could offer on the spot? And they kept referring to their “park at your own risk” PR stuff. Yeah, but again, this is not some crappy hotel chain. I expected more from the hilton in the financial district.

My vehicle was stolen in your parking garage. How am i going to get home? Not easy when you live more then 5 hours a day and were in this pandemic. Mgmt kept saying that’s my problem to get back home.

So that alone was upsetting. And the manager kept saying i was insulting. No, I wasn’t. I work in retail/hospitality and get the difficulties with that, but this was bad. My vehicle got stolen from your parking lot and i am a guest, a paying customer.

So that and the initial accommodations were not helpful at all.

Eventually the mgmt decided to comp my initial stay and gave me another one so i could collect myself, file a police report and figure out how to get home.

Just awful handling from the mgmt at that hotel. And hours go by where i’m sitting in my room waiting.... almost three hours and eventually i had to go downstairs for a check up. So where is the concern from that staff? I had to go to them for information.

And it turns out they had no camera by the parking garage entrance where my motorcycle was... at the entrance. I never saw any footage either. So i am right to not be satisfied by this hotel and it’s security. It’s obvious at how many flaws this hotel has, and i sure wish i knew!

And now I will have to carry the burden and buy a new motorcycle, which was my only way of transportation. So obviously i misplaced my trust and misused my money by staying there. It cost me my vehicle. And I don’t have the means to recover this loss.

I can’t stress enough how upsetting this js.

And yeah, the classic i won’t ever stay at a hilton hotel after this. My prized position, a 2000 harley sportsters, given to me by my mother is gone. The bike i learned to ride on... stolen. My means to get to work is gone too. And i don’t have the money for a new one either. So great job hilton security! So much for a birthday present getaway to myself. So in these troubling times when people are looking for an escape, i got another nightmare to deal with now.

Thanks

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ALB112789
Scott Baublitz, Marketing at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I am very sorry for the loss and that we did not provide empathy or concern within this difficult situation.

We will share your feedback with our Executive Team.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the not too distant future so that we can make this up to you.