The Park Central San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$185
Starwood.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Alise San Francisco - A Staypineapple Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$279
Hotels.com
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$287
US$229
  • Room Service
US$242
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
Book now, pay at stay
US$289
US$259
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$208
US$199
  • Restaurant
The Herbert Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$259
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$281
US$219
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$206
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$253/night.

US$373
US$333
Cancelon
2,423 results
All reviewsshared bathrooms are smallceiling fanprivate bathroomgreat locationunion squaremarket streetmoscone centeraround the cornerqueen roombart stationstreet noisecomplimentary coffeeeach morningcable carheart of san franciscoenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 7 November 2012

(travelled july 2011 but website win't let me go that far back!)

Staff were a little aloof, which surprised me as most customer facing staff in the US delivered exceptionally polite and friendly service.

The room was clean and the location was good- especially great for Annabelle's Bar and Grill next door, which does delicious food.

Room was often cold,radiator leaked. This never got fixed.

Beds were uncomfortable and ridiculously short- my friend and I are both below average height but our feet stuck out of the ends of our beds!

Sink was tiny, you had to crouch and get your head under the medicine cabinet to spit out your toothpaste else it went all over the floor.

Lots of noise from the street, especially from the posh hotel across the road; their doormen were constantly blowing whistles to hail cabs for their guests.

We christened the mornings Awkward Tea and Muffin Time, as you go and stand (possibly sit if you get there early enough, but unlikely as chairs are few) in the lobby and try to eat your teensy tasteless muffin and drink your tea/coffee from a flask in silence, avoiding eye contact with other guests who look equally uncomfortable. It's a very weird experience.

If you're not an early riser, you won't get either muffins or a drink, as they don't order many and don't check who's had what, so one guest might scoff 4 muffins and 3 others go without as a result.

I'd only stat again if my budget were very tight, it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed but it wasn't my idea of a quality establishment.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisamarie C
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Visiting SF for a conference at the Moscone Center. This hotel was reasonably priced and incredibly convenient. My room, however, was tiny - barely bigger than the bed. It was very clean and nicely appointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Rooms are small and compact, as expected in a hotel of this age. But they're clean and comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. One block from the cable car turnaround, two blocks from the hop on/hop off bus and a convenience store and large mall with restaurants just around the corner. Coffee and cupcake muffins do not really constitute a continental breakfast; but that aside, our stay was great.

Room Tip: Choose whatever room you prefer - private facilities at a little more; or shared facilities to save a few dollars. Annabelle's right next door has a great bar and the food is good and good value.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BalNardo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a great hotel to stay for their location. The building and rooms have huge potential for charm. I stayed for two nights. The hotel did not have the same level of rooms available at the time I made my reservations and I was told I would have to change rooms. I was told it is not a problem and I would not have to worry it would be smooth. At registration the attendant had me register for both nights - smart lady. I was told to bring my luggage down in the am. I brought my luggage down the next am to be told I might have to wait until after 3 to get a my key. Later I found they had several rooms available at the same level as my first night room. Did anyone think to see if I wanted to stay in my original room? It was not a comfortable stay having to pack twice and hang out to get another room.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LuvDZnee
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First let me point out that this hotel was booked for me by work. Turned out to be not a bad hotel in a really good location just off Market St in downtown. Room was very small with nowhere to store anything, but had all necessities, was clean, and free wi-fi. Good bed so was able to recover from my flight easily enough. Would stay here again for a cheap good place in downtown San Francisco.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business