“Landmark in Bayfield”

Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Bayfield
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Bayfield, Greunke's has been serving food to locals and visitors alike since 1940. Our fun, funky, and eclectic décor sparks memories for all generations and we are family friendly! Our fabulous staff makes your experience even more memorable. The menu offers a variety of burgers, sandwiches, salads, steak, pasta, and of course, FRESH fish from Lake Superior. Be sure to try the "Greunke's Original"--Whitefish Livers!
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I’m just reviewing the breakfast here. Portions are very large. Service is good. I ordered eggs Benedict and they were quite delicious, served with hash browns. My husband had a tasty omelet. This is a fun place to eat as you are entertained with all the memorabilia on the walls.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Perfect fish fry. Absolutely way more food than I could eat, but cooked perfectly and delicious. Very nice staff. Retro dinner type establishment with vintage furnishings.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

This nice restaurant and inn is right downtown in Bayfield. Only a block or so from the piers and ferry. I didn't get a chance to eat there, however the choices looked good. They have a fish boil I wanted to try. I stayed up stairs. The bathrooms were just outside of the rooms, if you used them a little work was involved. They do have rooms with bathrooms. My room was cozy with period furnishings. It also had AC and WiFi which was helpful when I was there. Perhaps more places to hang your clothing. Everything was comfortable. You could exit the room area without going through the restaurant--for check in/out was downstairs. The staff were friendly and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Prices were reasonable, but the prices matched the quality of food. I had a ham and cheese omelette and it was full of cheese and ham, but very salty and a little overcooked. The sweet roll was better. My wife had the raspberry pancakes and in her words, the pancakes were delicious, but the raspberry purée was filled with seeds and may have been better last month when the berries were fresh.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We have been eating here for years during annual vacations. The omelets are fluffy with a nice cheesy flavor. Ham and Cheese is a favorite. The other menu winner is the Eggs Benedict with hash browns. Maybe its the fact we spend a lot of time outside or on the lake but it tastes sooo good in the morning. Anything with the fresh fruit from the area is a treat - blue berry pancakes!

Been to Greunke's First Street Inn & Dining? Share your experiences!