“Excellent Lunch and Breakfast "To Go"”

Wild by Nature Deli
Ranked #15 of 18 Restaurants in Bayfield
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: Wild by Nature Deli is back at our original location at 100 Rittenhouse Ave., with our entrance on 1st street. Serving our signature huge sandwiches, subs, salads and breakfast burritos.
Reviewed 4 September 2018

My wife and I bought two meals here. First, we bought dinner sandwiches: smoked whitefish and pastrami. Both were really exceptional. Especially the whitefish. Second, we bought breakfast burritos with chorizo. Again, excellent.

Service could have been a little more friendly. However, the meals were so tasty and the value so good that I have to give them five stars.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking for picnic food while visiting Bayfield for the day, and happened to find this deli. My wife and daughter are vegetarians, which makes options hard to find. Fortunately, this deli had a coupe of options, while I could have something I could enjoy - especially with local flavor. They had the Hummus and Vegetable Sandwich, and I had the Smoked Whitefish Sandwich. The vegetarian sandwich was full of hummus, cucumbers, red onion, lettuce, and tomatoes, on wonderful fresh bread. They made it fresh while I was standing there, and my wife and daughter were impressed with the freshness of the ingredients, and thought the price was spot-on, especially since one could have been enough for them both. I felt the same about my sandwich: very fresh ingredients, with a nice fillet of smoked white fish. The only thing I didn’t like about my sandwich was the white ciabatta bread. I would have either preferred a wheat version, or the wheat bread offered on the other sandwich. The prices were ~$6.50 for both sandwiches. They also had fresh chocolate chip cookies just out of the oven for $0.70. My wife thought we should have bought a dozen!
I am giving the restaurant four stars versus five because my ciabatta wasn’t the best option for my sandwich, and I found out that I could have spent an extra $0.30 for chips and a pickle with a “boxed lunch”. Wish they would have let me know. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our sandwiches, and I’d highly recommend them for a great lunch on-the-go!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

If your taking onne of the tourboats around the Apostle Islands you may want to get a box lunch from this little deli. Freshly made sandwhiches and salads reasonably priced either made to order or ready to go. Service with a smile and they take credit cards.

1  Thank Dogpilot
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Very accommodateing to special requests on food prep. Very friendly staff. And it's so quick! I will be returning on my next vacation.

1  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We planned on going out to dinner, but when the weather turned, we decided to grab a sandwich and some drinks to take back to the inn and we were very glad we did. The owner makes a perfect classic sandwich with plenty of fillings. Very tasty!

1  Thank Debbie-Donut58

Been to Wild by Nature Deli? Share your experiences!