“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Harpers Ferry KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
Harpers Ferry KOA
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Harpers Ferry KOA is one of the best! Customer service is wonderful. Staff is courteous and friendly. I stay here often with my little grandson and he just loves it. Lots to do even for a little two year old. The free pancake breakfast is always a hit. The bathrooms have always been clean when I used them. I have reservations for the May 13th and September 13th weekends and I know I will be here often during the summer months. I am considering staying the winter here, too.

Room Tip: Most of the RV sites are nice ones. I like the ones near the parking lot and the store - very conve...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Great time again. Just got back. Stayed in a studio cabin 103, very clean and new. These are located across from the playground, pancake breakfast area, near the jumping pillow, basketball courts, pool, etc....great location within the campground. We brought our great dane with us and we have a 13 and 12 year old. Cabin was just right. I would come back again. lots to do outdide of the park if you are the hiking, nature, historic sights, civil war history type. beautiful scenery too. We brought 2 other families with us and they loved it as well.

only complaint was that the cabins were too close to each other, but not by much.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GreatdaneGeorgeFred
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We went here the first weekend in Sept. Hubby and I and my 7 year old twin boys.
What we liked: employees were happy and courteous, there is alot to do for kids, they have a nice arcade and the games are reasonably priced- mostly 50 cents, some of the activities are really cool and great for families- we got to tie dye nice KOA souvenir shirts for 50 cents, the pool is also larger than most and has lots of comfortable seating around it, their pool is open later than most- until the end of September, my boys also enjoyed the jumping pillow (no charge), the campground was quiet at night- we had no problem sleeping
What we didn't care for (but could live with)- The counter at the store is also where you check in and the line could get pretty long, many of the trailer sites are right on top of one another and even the pull thru's could be hard to navigate because the roads are so close together, the pancake breakfast was nice to have but the pancakes really weren't worth the wait in line, you get a few small, mediocre pancakes (wait til after 930 to get them- the line will disappear)
Overall though we had a great stay and the campground is laid out nicely. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

We just stayed Thursaday-Monday at Kabin 4. We were suppose to be in a deluxe cabin with 2 bedrooms. This was not it. When we went to the office to go over the reservation we were told that it was booked before we made our reservation that there must be a misunderstanding . We didn't plan on 6 people /2 pets with one bedroom.So my husband said we would have to make lemonade out of lemons. Our cabin had a broken front storm door no screen, broken porch light , dirty futon and only surface clean. The pots/pans were disgusting. Glad we brought our own.Pool has black mold on edges and bottom is bubbled up. Game room had pizza box and soda bottles there for 2 days before we cleaned it for them.Spilled popcorn the entire stay right in front of change machine. Dog park was great! Putt putt golf needs many repairs to the greens. More than 50% of washer/dryers out of service at laundrymat. Pancake breakfast great. Staff friendly. Prompt with trash pickup.Great location. Needs someone with attention to details in charge.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Loriwestcott
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I must admit I read the reviews and thought I would be in for a wild weekend. This was our first time camping in a travel trailer ever(34 feet). We arrived around 5pm and were met by nothing but friendly, smiling people. We were even offered an escort to our spot since we have never been there before. We stayed at site 54 with the cement patio, fire ring and picnic table. The sites are close but we had wonderful neighbors who were so helpful in helping us set up. We had plenty of room for our trailer and to park our truck in front of it. There really is enough to keep you busy in activities but we did venture out for the town sights. If you forget something the store will most likely carry it and the prices are reasonable. The free pancake breakfast was great. At night there were a few rowdy people but nothing to complain about. We will be returning soon. I highly recommend going to the National Park which is to the right of the road you turned on to get into KOA. You pay $10 to park but that includes the bus ride into downtown Harper's Ferry. Since you have to pay $10 to park downtown anyway and gamble with ever finding a spot it is so worth it. $10 covers all who fit in your one vehicle. KOA was packed when we got there but it did not stop us from having a wonderful time in and outside of the campground.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family