“Don't Loose Your Reservation Here to Another!!”
Review of Super 8 Moab

Super 8 Moab
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Prescott, Arizona
“Don't Loose Your Reservation Here to Another!!”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Made reservations for late October six weeks in advance using my credit card. The first night I found the carpet to be dirty. The cont. breakfast was skimpy, long lines for food and tables. Definately not adequate for no. of guests. Ended up eating in my room. Because of previous theft, I took my things with me for the day.
After sightseeing the area, I returned the second night around 10:30 PM to find my room rented to someone else!!! I never had checked out! I still had my room keys! My stay was guaranteed with my card!!
There were supposedly no other available rooms in Moab, and so the staff ended up sending me to a real dump of a motel 72 miles away in Green River. I ended up getting to bed there at 2:30 AM!
To add insult to injury, I found out that the staff had lied to me about availability of the manager for assistance. The story was different the second day upon my return.
In fairness, finally the motel reimbursed me for the dump motel cost that night, plus $50 for my 8 hours of wasted time and 144 miles of driving.
A good way to ruin a vacation!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere if you can. A card guarantee is not enough for your reservation here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Nothing wrong with room or service, but housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:30 on a Saturday morning; once we were wide awake, decided to head down to lobby for "free breakfast" only to learn it had ended at 9AM. Key learning here is that Super 8 Moab is fine place to stay...IF you are an early riser!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BCBesanc
RamadaMoab, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Dear Guest: Thank you for your posting. We are sorry to hear our housekeeping staff was inconsiderate by knocking on your guest room door too early. Unfortunately, it is hard for a housekeeper to know whether guests are still in the guest room or not without a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Many guests in our area goes out hiking early and appreciates a cleaned room by early afternoon, so the housekeepers are on a tight schedule. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our housekeeping team to improve our process. Thank you.
Yorkshire
Reviewed 5 November 2011

After reading some of the other reviews I think we were lucky with our stay. Arrived without making a reservation. A room was available and the very nice receptionist let us check in and go to the room a couple of hours early. The cost was £145 which is quite steep but I understand that hotels/motels do seem more expensive in Moab. This is not a luxury hotel but perfectly adequate for a stay. The room was perfectly ok, seemed clean enough and had everything we needed. I guess we did not have one of the uncomfortable beds mentioned in previous reviews as we both slept well that night. The room overlooked the pool although we did not try it, there were quite a few people who did seem to be enjoying that and the hot tub. Coffee was available and breakfast, although basic, meant that we did not have to go in search of food. The hotel is well located for Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point and of course Moab. Our early check in allowed us to see Arches that afternoon which we enjoyed. Yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kwaitang
Draper, Utah
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed at the Super 8 in Moab, Utah towards the end of October. I go to Moab about 2 to 3 times a month. On an off chance, I decided to try the Super 8. Not only was the carpet very dirty, the bed was as hard as a rock, pillows stiff as a board, the curtains would not stay shut!. I tried several different times to try and make the curtains stay closed....it would not. I was on the bottom floor and the view from the parking lot was a full shot of the room. Breakfast for a piece of toast was crowded and not inviting. I will never, ever, ever stay at the Super 8 when the choices in Moab for a good quality night stay are so much better. (The room rate was well over $100.00 and for that amount.....my car would of been a better sleep than the Super 8)

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Super 8!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank 11cookie

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This was the last open hotel in Moab when we arrived at 9 at night (traveler tip: ALWAYS make reservations in Moab). For $89 we were given a room with three queen beds, as it was all they had left. The romm was fine, though the beds and pillows seemed lumpy. Everything was clean, though they could do to replace the bedding for something less worm out. The bathroom was fine.

Next time I come through Moab I'll try to find a nicer hotel, but wouldn't mind staying here again.

Room Tip: There are rooms with three queen beds here for relatively cheap, FYI.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple